Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Adjusting "adjustable" coilovers?

Old 04-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
Me Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stan
Me Likey TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Adjusting "adjustable" coilovers?

I've had my Toytec lift on for about 9 months and was waiting until I got a plate bumper installed before I changed anything.

Stock I've got around 2 to 2.25 inches of lift and it measures about 22.25 from the hub center to the fender.

I got my spanner wrenches out yesterday afternoon so that I could bump it up another half inch or so now that I have a plate bumper install.

Am I just a puss or what? I couldn't budge the ring on those coilovers (wheel at full droop).

Do I need a cheater bar or some such? Or am I just not holding my tongue just right? What's the secret?

Here's what I'm dealing with for reference:

Old 04-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #2
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Remove the tires . Droop the suspension and use a cheater bar . I used my spanner wrench and hit on it with a mallet .
Old 04-01-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
^^that plus possibly some PB Blasters or something of the sort to soak in before you attempt
Old 04-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #5
Me Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stan
Me Likey TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma guy View Post
Did you losen the allen set screw frist ?
Ha, ha. In all honesty, I did look for one after a couple of feeble attempts at using just muscle.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Looks like I'm just going have to rig up some sort of cheater bar as recommended - just didn't realize it would take so much effort to make it move.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #6
urrutiadan32 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
urrutiadan32's Tacoma Gallery
Hey OP did u get these adjusted?