Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Air bag lift

Old 02-15-2009, 07:33 AM   #1
redlandscabear is on a distinguished road
redlandscabear's Tacoma Gallery
Air bag lift

Anyone have experience or comments about putting the air bag system on a Tacoma for towing and weight support, will begin towing next month. Towing a tandem wheel travel trailer and retiring so it will be towing quite often in basically the west coast. Fleetwood 23ft about 4900 lbs plus about another 750 to a 1000 for all the personal items.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:03 PM   #3
PPD934 is on a distinguished road
PPD934's Tacoma Gallery
I think he means maybe the length of it and maybe weight of it. Since you say tandem wheel travel trailer.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:00 PM   #4
Mall Cruiser Pilot
SuperD is a jewel in the roughSuperD is a jewel in the roughSuperD is a jewel in the roughSuperD is a jewel in the rough

SuperD's Tacoma Gallery
Not on a Tacoma, but I did put an Air-Lift helper bag system on a lowered ext. Cab Chevrolet that I once had. It did a great job. It was a very simple kit and did not have an on-board compressor. It had an air valve like a car tire that I mounted in the gas filler neck compartment. Adjusting air pressure was as simple as airing up a tire. It was a kit just like this RideControl 59500 Series.

http://www.airliftcompany.com/ride_control.html
Old 02-15-2009, 10:01 PM   #5
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Have you gotten the rear leaf spring TSB? That will help the truck hold the extra weight. I tow a backhoe short distances and 3-4 quads on a trailer some pretty decent distances and it tows great. dont forget a trailer brake controller if you dont already have one too.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:54 AM   #6
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Does your tacoma have the factory towing package?? (Class IV hitch, Oil and Tranny Cooler, Heavy Duty Battery/Alternator, and 7-Pin harness) Cause that will allow you to tow up to 6500lbs.

The rear leaf TSB is probably a GREAT idea (as for your truck it should be FREE instead of paying for a air bag system). Does your trailer have electronic brakes?? As good brake controller will also improve your payload control.