Notices

Best 6" suspension lift

Old 04-02-2013, 12:08 AM   #1
Haaaawaiian!!!
808wildboi is on a distinguished road

Name: chase
808wildboi's Tacoma Gallery
Best 6" suspension lift

If you have the cash, what lift would you buy? Looking for the best lift but not sure which one I like the bds coil over setup pretty smooth
Old 04-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #2
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
I believe that is a drop bracket lift. I've never seen one on a Taco in person, but 4" blocks in the rear doesn't sound too appealing to me. And at $3300, I'd expect at least a new leaf pack. Not too sure what kind of spindles those are, but they look beefy. I wonder if they have any lift on them.

Most guys on here with 6" lifts go with Pro Comp or Fabtech.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:26 AM   #3
cameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to behold

Name: cameron
cameronlane's Tacoma Gallery
the best would be any bracket and then get king c/o's and king resis in the rear with real leaf packs. But that would just be silly to do that. They are all pretty much the same. lots of folks here like the procomp lifts.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:36 AM   #4
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
The two long running contenders are Fabtech and Procomp. With the BDS kit, it looks like they subsidize the cost of the Fox coil overs by skipping the AAL. If I could do it again I'd go the BDS route. That's if I even went with a 6" lift again.

Either way, the stock leaf packs suck and even with a AAL/Block combo you'll eventually want to change them out for some custom 6" lift packs. My rear is sagging after 18k miles on the stock leafs/Fabtech AAL.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #5
Haaaawaiian!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronArf View Post
The two long running contenders are Fabtech and Procomp. With the BDS kit, it looks like they subsidize the cost of the Fox coil overs by skipping the AAL. If I could do it again I'd go the BDS route. That's if I even went with a 6" lift again.

Either way, the stock leaf packs suck and even with a AAL/Block combo you'll eventually want to change them out for some custom 6" lift packs. My rear is sagging after 18k miles on the stock leafs/Fabtech AAL.
Dud your setup is sick man! I'm curious, how did you fit your 35s on your truck? I know most 6 inch lifts require some trimming. Do you have a body lift on too?
Old 04-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Best 6" lift you can get is hands down SAS
Old 04-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #10
Haaaawaiian!!!

Sas would w nice. It's worth the money. If you can afford it haha
Old 04-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #11
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Very true ^ but most people just don't have 10k laying around.
True but first post said "If you have the cash"