Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

What lift do I have?

Old 04-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #1
SeNate is on a distinguished road
SeNate's Tacoma Gallery
What lift do I have?

I just read the suspension lift info w/ pics thread. So I think I have an in coil spacer in the front. I'll have to go crawl under my truck for the back. (pardon the massive rust, they heavily salt the roads here in SLC)
Edit: I also do not know how high the lift is. I cannot remember what the original owner told me, I think he said 2". I am really looking for a proper 3" that doesn't jar me on every slight lump in the road.
2nd Edit: Added new pictures to my last post (on page 2 for me)
Attached Thumbnails
What lift do I have?-20130402_135008.jpg   What lift do I have?-20130402_135041.jpg   What lift do I have?-20130402_135108.jpg   What lift do I have?-20130402_135144.jpg  
Old 04-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Spacers on the front, nothing on the rear. Looks like stock, TRD package shocks.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
You got a spacer in the front. Lifting it around 3 in or so. maybe 2.5". The rear doesn't seem to have anything in there. Post pics up of the whole truck to see how it is sitting. Stock upper control arms too. I bet your alignment isn't the greatest.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #4
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
The front looks like a 3 inch top spacer lift. The back looks like it could be a small block or nothing but hard to tell. I would get a new leaf pack or some add a leafs for the back. I would do 5100s and some new coil springs in the front. Goodluck. I bet the truck is riding rough right now.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #5
na8rboy has a spectacular aura aboutna8rboy has a spectacular aura aboutna8rboy has a spectacular aura about
Firefighter:
Name: Mark
na8rboy's Tacoma Gallery
The rear has a add-a-leaf. It's above your over load and second spring from top.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #6
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by na8rboy View Post
The rear has a add-a-leaf.
Where?
Old 04-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #7
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Where?
x2
Old 04-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #8
Woah! How did that get here?
EFalco50 will become famous soon enoughEFalco50 will become famous soon enough
Name: Ethan
EFalco50's Tacoma Gallery
The rear is completely stock from the look of it.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #9
na8rboy has a spectacular aura aboutna8rboy has a spectacular aura aboutna8rboy has a spectacular aura about
Firefighter:
Name: Mark
na8rboy's Tacoma Gallery
You can see the short add-a-leaf, above overload.

Look at the forth picture. That's not a TSB spring, that leaf is to short and no friction pad.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #10
SeNate is on a distinguished road
SeNate's Tacoma Gallery
Let me crawl under it and take a better photo. Yes, it rides very rough and the alignment keeps going off.

I really would like to get a proper lift on this thing. BRB with pictures.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by na8rboy View Post
You can see the short add-a-leaf, above overload

Yea that might be one.

5100 with eibachs in the front will give you a nicer ride. You will need to get some aftermarket control arms if you want to go over 2.5"
Old 04-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #13
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah I see it now. He has an SR5 which comes with 3 leafs (2 leafs and overload) from factory so 4 leafs would mean an AAL
Old 04-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #14
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeNate View Post
I am really looking for a proper 3" that doesn't jar me on every slight lump in the road.
You'll need extended length coilovers and an aftermarket upper control arm to do it properly. Even then, 3" is at the limit of a setup like that.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #15
BUILT NOT BOUGHT.
RadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud of

Name: NEIL
RadTaco914's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I see it now. He has an SR5 which comes with 3 leafs (2 leafs and overload) from factory so 4 leafs would mean an AAL
^X2 Spacer looks like it could be 3'' possibly...need to see how it sits level
Old 04-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3 View Post
You'll need extended length coilovers and an aftermarket upper control arm to do it properly. Even then, 3" is at the limit of a setup like that.
OME doesnt use coilovers and is a good lift?
Old 04-02-2013, 02:12 PM   #17
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
The spring/shock assembly on Tacomas is a coilover. OME is just not an ADJUSTABLE coilover.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #18
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OME doesnt use coilovers and is a good lift?
OME is another 3" option.

I'm just not a fan of maxing out lift while decreasing droop travel. Hence my "at the limit" comment.

Little to no droop travel = shitty ride. Many people think preload is the culprit to their rough riding 3" lifted truck.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #19
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
After looking at it twice I see the add a leaf. If you want a cheap solution that will ride better. Leave the back the same. Remove the spacers and add 5100s in the front at 1.75 or 2.5 and you wont need ucas or coils.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
The spring/shock assembly on Tacomas is a coilover. OME is just not an ADJUSTABLE coilover.
Right. My bad. I just meant you don't need to buy an extended travel coilover to get 3 inches