Notices

Grade my lift

Old 04-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
Avid Jeep Hater
JPT is on a distinguished road
Name: JP
JPT's Tacoma Gallery
Grade my lift

After spending countless hours on this website I believe I have found the proper lift for what I want to do. I am a 4x4. I'm trying to get around 2.5-3 inches of lift. I love to off road but don't get to do it terribly often. Trying to do this right but not spend thousands of dollars. Please Grade the following

- Adjustable front bilstein 5100s (set at 0)
- Rear bilstein 5100s
- Ome 885x front coils
- 2 inch Wheelers rear aal.

I plan on getting all of this, then when I can afford it new ucas. Is there anything Im missing? Please leave lots of feedback.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
C
Old 04-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #3
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
F
Old 04-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #4
Avid Jeep Hater
JPT's Tacoma Gallery
What did i do wrong?
Old 04-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #5
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
I would swap the Billies for OMEs the shocks that were made to go with the 885s.
The 885s will give you around 2 1/2" up front.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #6
Avid Jeep Hater
JPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
I would swap the Billies for OMEs the shocks that were made to go with the 885s.
I've heard of people saying toytec doesn't necessarily support this, but I also read that a lot of people on here have this. The reason i did front and rear 5100's is because I could get the package from Down South Motorsports that they offer to TW. What is the name of the Ome shocks?
Old 04-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #7
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
^ do this

Then get a leaf pack to replace that AAL

And some UCA's

And then itl be a B+
Old 04-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #8
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
OME 885x, if you want about 2.5" front lift with a DCSB. FWIW, I ran 885s on 5100s without issues, and the member I sold them too has 0 issues as well.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #9
Avid Jeep Hater
JPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
^ do this

Then get a leaf pack to replace that AAL

And some UCA's

And then itl be a B+
What leaf pack do you guys suggest will lift the back as much as the 2" aal?
Old 04-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #10
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
OME nitro chargers are the name of the shock. Without going all out nobody is going to say its a great lift. Totally up to you though, its your truck.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #11
Avid Jeep Hater
JPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
OME 885x, if you want about 2.5" front lift with a DCSB. FWIW, I ran 885s on 5100s without issues, and the member I sold them too has 0 issues as well.
Why did you get rid of them and what is your current setup?
Old 04-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #12
Spitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the rough
Navy: Surface Warfare
Spitfire's Tacoma Gallery
Being a brand new truck I think an AAL is fine, you don't need a whole leaf pack right away since your stock leafs are still fresh. I am upgrading my AAL to a leaf pack but my truck is an '05 and the leafs are sagging.

I ran 885 OMEs with OME's shocks and it was a great ride. The Bilsteins have a warranty advantage over the OME's though (lifetime Vs. 2 year). I had one of my rear OME's fail just before 2 yrs.
I put your original plan at a B/B- completely fine if you aren't interested in coilovers, remote reservoir shocks, and other various sexy items.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #13
Avid Jeep Hater
JPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Being a brand new truck I think an AAL is fine, you don't need a whole leaf pack right away since your stock leafs are still fresh. I am upgrading my AAL to a leaf pack but my truck is an '05 and the leafs are sagging.

I ran 885 OMEs with OME's shocks and it was a great ride. The Bilsteins have a warranty advantage over the OME's though (lifetime Vs. 2 year). I had one of my rear OME's fail just before 2 yrs.
I put your original plan at a B/B- completely fine if you aren't interested in coilovers, remote reservoir shocks, and other various sexy items.
Thank you. The shocks are basically off of opinion, but the ome's are suggested because 885s are normally paired with them. Correct??
Old 04-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #14
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPT View Post
Why did you get rid of them and what is your current setup?
Ran 885s to fit 285s, switched to 886s and nitro charger shocks to accommodate a plate bumper and a winch, which was about 180 lbs of front weight, they were both good and very solid lifts. Added a lot more weight with skids and sliders so I went with Kings all around and a dakar leaf pack in the rear.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #15
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPT View Post
Thank you. The shocks are basically off of opinion, but the ome's are suggested because 885s are normally paired with them. Correct??
You won't have any more issues running 5100s with 885s than you will with 885s and the OME shocks. The only difference is price, and I could not tell a difference in the ride.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #16
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Disregard all the other negative comments cause this is the same lift I have for the most part except I now have ICON rear reservoir shocks but even before those I loved the feel of this lift! Its a little bit on the stiff side but most of the other lifted Tacomas I've been in were the same way. I say go for it and stick with this lift.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #17
Avid Jeep Hater
JPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ran 885s to fit 285s, switched to 886s and nitro charger shocks to accommodate a plate bumper and a winch, which was about 180 lbs of front weight, they were both good and very solid lifts. Added a lot more weight with skids and sliders so I went with Kings all around and a dakar leaf pack in the rear.
I plan to basically do this and later on add an arb front (In like 2-3 years). Do you have a build thread so i can look at yours and maybe copy?
Old 04-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #18
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You won't have any more issues running 5100s with 885s than you will with 885s and the OME shocks. The only difference is price, and I could not tell a difference in the ride.
Although not the same truck, I ran 881s with 5100s on zero, and they semed to get really stiff after a while. I swapped out the 5100s for Nitros, and they are still firm, but less harsh. Regardless of truck model, OME shocks are designed specifically to work with the spring rate specifications of OME coils. It stands to reason that this will provide an optimized ride quality with OME coils.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #19
Avid Jeep Hater
JPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKay21 View Post
Disregard all the other negative comments cause this is the same lift I have for the most part except I now have ICON rear reservoir shocks but even before those I loved the feel of this lift! Its a little bit on the stiff side but most of the other lifted Tacomas I've been in were the same way. I say go for it and stick with this lift.
I think i looked at your build a few days ago haha. How close are you to sitting level with this setup? Any bro-lean?
Old 04-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #20
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Although not the same truck, I ran 881s with 5100s on zero, and they semed to get really stiff after a while. I swapped out the 5100s for Nitros, and they are still firm, but less harsh. Regardless of truck model, OME shocks are designed specifically to work with the spring rate specifications of OME coils. It stands to reason that this will provide an optimized ride quality with OME coils.
You are right, I didn't run mine long enough for a thorough review. The only reason I ran 5100s with 885s is because I found a good deal on both and they were all brand new in box. Otherwise I would have run 885s with the OME shocks.