Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Advice on setup for on/off road

Old 04-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
iJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of light
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
Advice on setup for on/off road

So I think I'm going to go with Icon coils up front and Icon shocks (no resevoir) in the rear (Stage 1) with All Pro Expo leafs. Light Racing UCAs.

Is this a good setup for 80% on road / 20% off road driving?

What other parts should I replace while I'm at it...truck already has 120K on stock suspension.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
iJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of light
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 04-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #3
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
that's a solid setup that'll serve you well. just don't forget the small things like longer brake lines in the rear, new ubolts and you'll be good to go!
Old 04-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #4
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
If I plan on a plate bumper should I get stiffer springs to handle the weight up front?

What kind of travel should I expect out of the front and rear?

Anything to do to keep stress off CV joints/boots?
Old 04-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #5
TacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SFS
Name: Nic
TacomaG26's Tacoma Gallery
Not to walk on your post but do you need new branke lines for a 1.5 AAL?
Old 04-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #6
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJDub View Post
If I plan on a plate bumper should I get stiffer springs to handle the weight up front?

What kind of travel should I expect out of the front and rear?

Anything to do to keep stress off CV joints/boots?
what #rate are the springs you're getting? 2nd gens with plate bumpers usually want 600-650#, depending on the weight up front

expos are rated at around 11" of travel, so make sure your shocks can handle the travel
up front, im not exactly sure for 2nd gen MT setups, maybe 9" or so

and there isnt much you can do to save the boots, they're consumables that will get worn with the lift; the inherent quality of the lift puts the CV's at an angle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaG26 View Post
Not to walk on your post but do you need new branke lines for a 1.5 AAL?
new brakelines are always a good idea when lifting over stock. You don't want the brakeline to be your limit strap
Old 04-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #7
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
Lol. I think someone sells longer CV boots that help keep from tearing due to angle?
Old 04-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #8
Dfm155 is on a distinguished road
Dfm155's Tacoma Gallery
iJDub, you might want to look into seeing if the ICON rear shocks will work with the Expo's. Reason I bring it up is I wanted the same setup except the standards. The ICON rears are only good for lifts 0-2", and the Expos give you up to 4". Just FYI, I'm trying to figure out which rears to go with, too.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #9
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
I think you're right. I may go with one of the Fox springs listed on All Pro's website then.