1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spindle + coil over + 285 rubbing off roading?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Sdfitted, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Apr 4, 2013 at 12:47 AM
    Sdfitted

Sdfitted [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    DCLB
    Icon 2.5 icon uppers
    Currently how my truck sits .... Only pic I have atm
    image_8e069617750dd3ebb3feb24fc05a529f2a014d1b.jpg

265/75/16 bfgs on stock trd off-road wheels, bilsteins at 2.5.. I Love it, looks great but I want more, so it begins I guess. Im thinking camburg spindles, uppers, and a fox ext coil over. For the rear either the icon progressive pack with a fox resi or a deaver 3". Now if I got up to 285s and I go out and chase some baja races or swell in baja will I run into issues with the tires hitting the stock fender wells at compression? I think my 265s might look a tad small with all of that and I wouldn't crank the coil overs either. Anyone have this issue or have their truck set up this way and use it!? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

2. Apr 13, 2013 at 7:09 AM
    mrw3685

mrw3685 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TX by way of KS
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner TRD
    Maxtrac Spindles, Bilstein 5100s all around, set at .85, Allpro Expedition Leaf Pack, Procomp 7036 17x9, w/Nitto Trail Grappler 285/70/17, Extended Steel Braided Brake Lines, Red-Line Hood lift, Relocated Trailer Connection, Trimmed Front Fender.
    All-Pro 3" pack won't sit you level, I recommend the 4" pack with spindles. If you stuff the wheels, it's likely you'll rub. I do very little offroading, if any, but as soon as you realize the trimming you have to do is purely out-of-sight functionally modifying your truck, the better you'll be. I trimmed and did the cab mount chop(not that I ever rubbed there) just to be safe, and to have the knowledge that if I do flex, I'm not going to be tearing off my fenders all together.

Sdfitted[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top