Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rant! Lift is done

Old 02-15-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Helicopter Flight Mechanic
Alaskaflyer's Tacoma Gallery
Rant! Lift is done

So I spent all day yesterday installing my Toytec lift, everything went great, no problems what so ever. I installed it in my neighbors garage and when I drove it home I noticed the post of my shock sticking up through the top plate. I took my shocks and coils to a shop near where I work because by the time I get home from work everything around here is closed. Well, the first time the assembled them they did it wrong and I noticed it and took them back, this time they assured me it was done correctly. Well guess what they forgot, that big washer that goes on the perch of the shock post. You can't see it when it's assembled. So now tomorrow I have to take out my front coils again take them to another shop, provide the correct hardware for the shock (again) and then put them back in. Oh and to top it off I will have to do this in my driveway and its supposed to rain tomorrow.

Rant over!
Old 02-15-2009, 04:00 PM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery

I guess they wouldn't let you watch to make sure they did it right...
Old 02-15-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post

I guess they wouldn't let you watch to make sure they did it right...
I actually argued with the a$$hat that yes all that hardware I gave him needs to go on the shock. And yes, I wasn't allowed in the garage, safety reasons ya know.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:06 PM   #5
My other ride Hovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunesDoesTRD View Post
That sucks dood- I'd be looking for money back from them or something...Cause that's ridiculous. You had to check their work TWICE??

Glad you got most of the work done tho...Besides the frustration with the strut build-How was it??
The sad part is I got all the work done. The install was easy, honestly the toughest part was getting the centering pin on the LH leaf pack back in the hole in the axle, but that was no big deal. although they were assembled wrong I highly recommend getting your shocks and coils put together if you can before doing the install, saves a lot of time.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:08 PM   #6
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaflyer View Post
I actually argued with the a$$hat that yes all that hardware I gave him needs to go on the shock. And yes, I wasn't allowed in the garage, safety reasons ya know.
that sucks... I had mine done in Tucson in a "shady" shop... guys let me in there to watch.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:46 AM   #7
My other ride Hovers

well, I'm getting good at tearing the front end apart, took me 1 hour to get both front coils out and now I wait for the shop near my house to build these up right, I have little faith, I was trying to explain what to do and how the coil needs to sit in the bucket etc... and I was kinda getting the cold shoulder. I wasn't coming across like I was telling him how to do his job, whatever, if they don't get put together right this time I just may explode!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 08:12 AM   #8
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
It really sucks when you pay someone to do a job because you don't have the facilities or tools to properly do it and then you find that you have to do the thinking for them