Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

SOCAL: Where to get shocks filled with nitrogen

Old 04-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #1
xyourlocaldjx is on a distinguished road
xyourlocaldjx's Tacoma Gallery
SOCAL: Where to get shocks filled with nitrogen

I'm located in Torrance and although 4wheel parts is right around the corner, I'd rather not bend over and get rammed up the butt by them. My father used to do business with them and well... He's got nothing good to say about them either.

so I reach out to my local socalians. Where do y'all get your shocks filled with nitrogen? Visited my pops earlier today and he had the bright idea of using a digital tire gauge to check my shocks pressure. one was at 84 and the other was at 63. I doubt the gauge even goes past 100.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Coming from the other side of the country, I fill my sway-a-way's with a refillable tank from my local welding shop. 40 lb Tank, hose,regulator, and nozzle ran me about $130.00 a couple years ago. Steep initial investment when you compare it to some alternatives, but then you've always got your own nitrogen when you need it. Works for me and 4WP doesn't get to ram it in.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #3
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
where in socal?
Old 04-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #4
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Hit up Speed Freak, Jason does refills I'm pretty dite
Old 04-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #5
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
Coming from the other side of the country, I fill my sway-a-way's with a refillable tank from my local welding shop. 40 lb Tank, hose,regulator, and nozzle ran me about $130.00 a couple years ago. Steep initial investment when you compare it to some alternatives, but then you've always got your own nitrogen when you need it. Works for me and 4WP doesn't get to ram it in.
They'll find a way to ram it in...they always do.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:03 PM   #6
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I went to 4WP once to get my 5100s installed waaaay back in the day. I was told a week and a half out for install, and about 500$ for install.

I could see the techs in the back just sittin around shootin the shit. Needless to say I've never been back
Old 04-05-2013, 01:17 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid56 View Post
where in socal?
My post lists Torrance. Lol

I would buy a setup to refill, but to be honest it would be a waste of money for now. I have paintball tanks and scuba tanks but not sure if its worth buying all the gauges etc. I've bought enough random stuff as is Haha
My paintball tanks need rehydro and my scuba tanks aren't setup for. Nitrogen fill unless I can use a regular scuba tank

I'll hit up speed freak hopefully he is not in San diego
Old 04-05-2013, 07:45 AM   #8
He's in North county San Diego
Old 04-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #9
ah, too far! I'm near LAX.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #10
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
I can do it for free. My regulator goes up to 200 psi. What type of shocks? do they fill with a regular tire chuck or require a needle?

You would have to come to the valley.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #12
DDD they are sway aways with a Schrader valve. Basic tire fill. I leave for Kansas city this Tuesday so might have to do it when I get back. Unless I my date doesn't flake tomorrow I might be able to swing by. She lives in north ridge. Not sure how much further Santa Clarita would be.

Is Anthony anthony250f or a guy with a swb taco?

No one has nitro here and if they do they won't touch it because of liability saying it will explode. Marvin Chevy has it, but after 10mins of talking he decided he won't do it. King shocks. Need them off the vehicle.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:43 AM   #13
toytac05 is on a distinguished road
toytac05's Tacoma Gallery
i'm in gardena and 4wp just off the 405 filled my bumps for 5 dollars each.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #14
D-rock, thanks for the fill! Rides much better now.

Toy tac. You got a hook up there or something? King shocks doesn't even charge that low and they need to be off the vehicle.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #15
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyourlocaldjx View Post
DDD they are sway aways with a Schrader valve. Basic tire fill. I leave for Kansas city this Tuesday so might have to do it when I get back. Unless I my date doesn't flake tomorrow I might be able to swing by. She lives in north ridge. Not sure how much further Santa Clarita would be.

Is Anthony anthony250f or a guy with a swb taco?

No one has nitro here and if they do they won't touch it because of liability saying it will explode. Marvin Chevy has it, but after 10mins of talking he decided he won't do it. King shocks. Need them off the vehicle.
It's just Anthony250