Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Help me make my suspension right.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
SeNate is on a distinguished road
SeNate's Tacoma Gallery
Help me make my suspension right.

I'm still reading the stickies, but it is all a little overwhelming. My previous thread, I posted some pictures of my lift, trying to figure out what it was. I have a 3" spacer lift, and the back is add a leaf. Not only did you guys tell me to go for Billstein 5100's, but a friend of mine took a look at it and said the same exact thing.

I really want to keep the 3" lift, and if I am reading this correctly, the Billstein 5100's adjust up to 2.5". My question now is with Billstein 5100's all around, is there anything else I should look at? From what I've been reading OME's 885x would be a good way to go (which would also help me to hit 3" mark?). I also have the money to just invest in a pair of leaf springs for the rear.

What about control arms?

I'm new to this, I just don't want to do something wrong. I am also going to have to research how to get this massive surface rust off. Salt lake city is horrible in the winter. I do take it off road sometimes, so this isn't only a ride comfort thing.

I really appreciate all the help. I will continue reading all of these stickies, I just don't know where to start.

Edit: Would a coilover kit be the best option?
Attached Thumbnails
Help me make my suspension right.-20130402_135008.jpg   Help me make my suspension right.-20130402_135144.jpg   Help me make my suspension right.-20130402_151337.jpg   Help me make my suspension right.-20130402_151156.jpg  
Old 04-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
The front 5100's are a great option for a low cost lift.
They'll offer a nice ride, but will still have characteristics of a preloaded coil spring, just FYI.

https://www.allprooffroad.com/05taco...suspension/144

For the rear, check out our 3" lift spring and full kits, they come with everything you'll need to complete the lift and get rid of those ugly AAL's

https://www.allprooffroad.com/05taco...rearsuspension

Let me know if I can answer any more questions for you.

-Stephen
Old 04-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #3
steezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
steezinstangl's Tacoma Gallery
OME 885 coils, bilstein 5100's set to 0, light racing upper control arms, and keep the aal, just my opinion, you'll be dead level.