Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Racerunner 2.0 or 2.5 Coilovers

Old 04-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #1
Tacoma414 is on a distinguished road

Name: Cody
Tacoma414's Tacoma Gallery
Racerunner 2.0 or 2.5 Coilovers

So i found used racerunners, they work fine, but im not sure if they are 2.0 or 2.5s, ill find out tomorrow, but im wondering if i should wait for a pair of donahoes/icons to come up for sale. Whos running racerunners, and how do you like them. I know they are progressive so they get stiffer at higher speeds but icons are degressive. Im running 2" spacers so is it going to be a huge difference as a daily highway driver with very little offroading, so should i wait for degressive coils for higher speeds on the freeway

im stuck

thanks for any input
Old 04-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Why are you running spacers? you can just crank up the coil overs.

I run 2.0s on my truck (in the front), they work fine but I want to upgrade to some fox's or kings in the future, for the reliability. It seems that I can't seal them well enough to keep in the nitrogen. Have to top them off every month or 2.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:11 AM   #3

No i have 2" spacers on my stock shocks and found used racerunners for 300, just wanted to see the input as far as ride quality and reliability
Old 04-10-2013, 12:14 AM   #4
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
Wildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
Wildlandtaco's Tacoma Gallery
My saw 2.5 are 5year years old Ive rebuilt them once and haven't an issue but I would like to get some kings or icons. But for now I love my saw
Old 04-10-2013, 12:16 AM   #6
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma414 View Post
No i have 2" spacers on my stock shocks and found used racerunners for 300, just wanted to see the input as far as ride quality and reliability
make sense. I bought mine 3 years ago for 400 and I have rebuilt them 3 times, now that I have acces to nitrogen and gauge, I fill my shocks every so often.

The on road ride is way better then stock. I don't run a sway bar, because it was too stiff and imperfections of the road were unbearable. As long as I keep them at 200psi then the truck doesn't lean bad at all, but once they start decreasing in pressure then its bad.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:18 AM   #7

hows the ride off road, but even when they stiffen up at higher speeds its still a great ride? and i bought my truck with spacers so i dont know what stock feels like
Old 04-10-2013, 12:24 AM   #8

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
I've never noticed a bad ride with then, except when they need rebuilt or nitrogen added. They are pretty smooth on road. Off road they seem fine for being stock replacements. But they are way better then 5100s that I have in the rear in terms of fading.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:04 AM   #12

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
They look really cranked down, might be time for new springs on those. They kinda look like 2.0s.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:05 AM   #13

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Only real way to find out is to measure the diameter of the shock body, that is what 2.0 and 2.5 means (inches).
Old 04-15-2013, 11:13 PM   #15
stinkyspice has a spectacular aura aboutstinkyspice has a spectacular aura about
stinkyspice's Tacoma Gallery
i would go for it for 300 bucks!! great deal! IMHO
Old 04-16-2013, 01:12 AM   #16
Textbook Fucking Mental
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought some SAWs. Mine say what series they are near the top of the coilover.