Notices

Just order lift and feels like Christmas is coming

Old 04-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
TacomaDawg23 is on a distinguished road
Name: Charles
TacomaDawg23's Tacoma Gallery
Just order lift and feels like Christmas is coming

I just ordered my lift.

4" Maxtrac spindles (Gonna leave stock shocks and coils for now)

OME 2 3/4" complete leaf set with Ubolts and bushings
Driveline Carrier bearing drop kit
Rear Nitro Sport Shocks
Rear brakeline extendor

Also front and back spidertrax spacers

After reading for a week or two this is what I settled on. I tow a lot more than I offroad.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:30 PM   #2
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Pics when installed!!!
Old 04-14-2013, 06:04 PM   #3
Airdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AD3 86-89 VX-5 China Lake
Name: Tom
Airdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaDawg23 View Post
I just ordered my lift.

4" Maxtrac spindles (Gonna leave stock shocks and coils for now)

OME 2 3/4" complete leaf set with Ubolts and bushings
Driveline Carrier bearing drop kit
Rear Nitro Sport Shocks
Rear brakeline extendor

Also front and back spidertrax spacers

After reading for a week or two this is what I settled on. I tow a lot more than I offroad.
Sounds like the kit from Headstrong Offroad. What you have there is exactly what I have except I have 5100's in the front but am using the stock coils. Got some pics in my build thread. Believe it or not the most difficult part was putting the rear brake lines in up at the top. Good luck.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:14 AM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog View Post
Sounds like the kit from Headstrong Offroad. What you have there is exactly what I have except I have 5100's in the front but am using the stock coils. Got some pics in my build thread. Believe it or not the most difficult part was putting the rear brake lines in up at the top. Good luck.
I love the way yours looks. I am going to keep my stock rims and put duratrac 265/75/16s on it. 33s would look better but i tow a good bit and don't want to regear. Got to draw the money line sometimeme. Have you had any issues with popping from the front end?

Also I will get pics of beforeband after up. My buddy who will be helping me (he is the brains as I willbjust be helping him actually. I would be lost. Ha) is finishing redoing theor bathroom. So as soon as he is done with that.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:38 AM   #5
Airdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AD3 86-89 VX-5 China Lake
Name: Tom
Airdog's Tacoma Gallery
I have not had any popping at all. It feels really solid. With 33's I really have not noticed any power loss don't think regearing is needed at that size though I don't tow anything so that may make a difference for you. Please tell me where that money line is cause I need to find it. Good luck I'll be looking for pics when your done.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:20 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog View Post
I have not had any popping at all. It feels really solid. With 33's I really have not noticed any power loss don't think regearing is needed at that size though I don't tow anything so that may make a difference for you. Please tell me where that money line is cause I need to find it. Good luck I'll be looking for pics when your done.
Yeah, that money line is very light some times and tends to move. I was initially doing a spacer lift with a block in the back. Then I found TW and this site is the most expensive free site I have ever seen.

I do not really offroad a lot so figured the 32s would be the most practical. I just read about several members having popping issues from the front end after doing the spindle lift. Most of the time it seems to be the LCA bushing. I know to grease the bushings for the OME leaf springs so wanted to make sure I did all I could to prevent any issues from the front end.