1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

lift suggestions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 11tacomaTX, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Apr 11, 2013 at 3:00 PM
    11tacomaTX

11tacomaTX [OP] Member

Member:
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD Sport
    I've been reading on here for years but never posted before. I now own a 2011 TRD Sport, and my last truck was a 2002 Tacoma, so its safe to say this forum has saved me hundreds if not thousands of dollars in repairs, maintenance and weekend projects.

Basically, I can now afford to lift my new Tacoma. Its 2wd so i won't be doing any offroading in it (I have a '91 Jeep XJ for my offroading fun). I know i will take some crap, but I love the look of a lifted truck and this is my daily driver.

Ive found several 6" lifts, but not sure if anyone has suggestions of lifts to stay away from. Thinking about 20" BMF Novakanes and 33/12.50 BFG Mud Terrains.

Again, not looking for top of the line lift because it will not see any offroad action, just something reliable.

Thanks for your help

2. Apr 11, 2013 at 3:06 PM
    BORNWILDGUY

BORNWILDGUY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 TACOMA TRD SPORT DCLB LIFTED W KDMAX-PRO XT TUNE
    FULLY LOADED WITH THE TECH PACKAGE, LEATHER, JBL, LED HEADLIGHTS, MOONROOF, EXTANG FULL TILT COVER, NFAB SIDE STEPS, OEM ROOF RACK, TRD PRO TAILS, WHITE RAPTOR LIGHTS, 15% TINT ALL THE WAY AROUND, BILSTEIN 6112'S W 650# SPRINGS AND 1/4 SPACER, ICON LEAF SPRINGS W 5125 REAR SHOCKS, 18 x 9 -12 Weld Racing Ledge 6 wheels w 275/65r18 Toyo AT III tires

There are several 6" db lifts that are good. fabtech, bds, pro comp and also zone 6" lift which is basically the same as the bds except a lil cheaper. I run the 4" version and have mine adjusted to a 5" front, 4" rear lift and am very happy with it.

3. Apr 11, 2013 at 3:09 PM
    11tacomaTX

11tacomaTX [OP] Member

Member:
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Thanks for the suggestion. The lifts I've been looking at are the pro comp and the Zone 6"

I've never heard of the Zone lift before so I don't really know if it's reliable or not.

4. Apr 11, 2013 at 3:16 PM
    BORNWILDGUY

BORNWILDGUY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 TACOMA TRD SPORT DCLB LIFTED W KDMAX-PRO XT TUNE
    FULLY LOADED WITH THE TECH PACKAGE, LEATHER, JBL, LED HEADLIGHTS, MOONROOF, EXTANG FULL TILT COVER, NFAB SIDE STEPS, OEM ROOF RACK, TRD PRO TAILS, WHITE RAPTOR LIGHTS, 15% TINT ALL THE WAY AROUND, BILSTEIN 6112'S W 650# SPRINGS AND 1/4 SPACER, ICON LEAF SPRINGS W 5125 REAR SHOCKS, 18 x 9 -12 Weld Racing Ledge 6 wheels w 275/65r18 Toyo AT III tires
    Like I said its basically the same as the bds lift. If you compare the zone and bds you will only see minor differences but the major components are all the same. The 4" and 6" lift are basically the same also except for the 4" rear blocks on the 6" and 3" blocks on the 4" lift and also on the front they include a preload which goes between the top of the coil spring and top plate of coilover to give you a lil extra lift. This is why I went with the 4" and just got 5100's in front and set to .85 or if you want you can just replace your coils with ome 883's or ebiachs and get the extra 1.6 lift.

5. Apr 11, 2013 at 3:18 PM
    Warputer

Warputer Dirt Road Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Lake Murray, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    9" of Super Bro lift
    No offroad.....then you should look at the 6" Stage 1 kits (no coilovers & lower price)that most companies offer.....FabTech, Pro Comp, etc.

Here is a thread of 100+ pages, in case you haven't seen it yet. Some of it is guys BS'n & some is just pics but there is useful info sprinkled in also.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/43093-fabtech-procomp-6-lift-more-pictures.html

On another note, you are 2wd so spindel lifts are an option also.

6. Apr 12, 2013 at 6:47 AM
    11tacomaTX

11tacomaTX [OP] Member

Member:
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Thanks for the help. Do you suggest re-gearing or beefing up the driveshaft with a 6" lift, but not offroading? I will be hauling a boat in the summer months.

Products Discussed in

To Top