Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

lift suggestions

Old 04-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
11tacomaTX is on a distinguished road
11tacomaTX's Tacoma Gallery
lift suggestions

I've been reading on here for years but never posted before. I now own a 2011 TRD Sport, and my last truck was a 2002 Tacoma, so its safe to say this forum has saved me hundreds if not thousands of dollars in repairs, maintenance and weekend projects.

Basically, I can now afford to lift my new Tacoma. Its 2wd so i won't be doing any offroading in it (I have a '91 Jeep XJ for my offroading fun). I know i will take some crap, but I love the look of a lifted truck and this is my daily driver.

Ive found several 6" lifts, but not sure if anyone has suggestions of lifts to stay away from. Thinking about 20" BMF Novakanes and 33/12.50 BFG Mud Terrains.

Again, not looking for top of the line lift because it will not see any offroad action, just something reliable.

Thanks for your help
Old 04-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11tacomaTX View Post
I've been reading on here for years but never posted before. I now own a 2011 TRD Sport, and my last truck was a 2002 Tacoma, so its safe to say this forum has saved me hundreds if not thousands of dollars in repairs, maintenance and weekend projects.

Basically, I can now afford to lift my new Tacoma. Its 2wd so i won't be doing any offroading in it (I have a '91 Jeep XJ for my offroading fun). I know i will take some crap, but I love the look of a lifted truck and this is my daily driver.

Ive found several 6" lifts, but not sure if anyone has suggestions of lifts to stay away from. Thinking about 20" BMF Novakanes and 33/12.50 BFG Mud Terrains.

Again, not looking for top of the line lift because it will not see any offroad action, just something reliable.

Thanks for your help

There are several 6" db lifts that are good. fabtech, bds, pro comp and also zone 6" lift which is basically the same as the bds except a lil cheaper. I run the 4" version and have mine adjusted to a 5" front, 4" rear lift and am very happy with it.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #3
Thanks for the suggestion. The lifts I've been looking at are the pro comp and the Zone 6"

I've never heard of the Zone lift before so I don't really know if it's reliable or not.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #4
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11tacomaTX View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. The lifts I've been looking at are the pro comp and the Zone 6"

I've never heard of the Zone lift before so I don't really know if it's reliable or not.
Like I said its basically the same as the bds lift. If you compare the zone and bds you will only see minor differences but the major components are all the same. The 4" and 6" lift are basically the same also except for the 4" rear blocks on the 6" and 3" blocks on the 4" lift and also on the front they include a preload which goes between the top of the coil spring and top plate of coilover to give you a lil extra lift. This is why I went with the 4" and just got 5100's in front and set to .85 or if you want you can just replace your coils with ome 883's or ebiachs and get the extra 1.6 lift.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
No offroad.....then you should look at the 6" Stage 1 kits (no coilovers & lower price)that most companies offer.....FabTech, Pro Comp, etc.

Here is a thread of 100+ pages, in case you haven't seen it yet. Some of it is guys BS'n & some is just pics but there is useful info sprinkled in also.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-pictures.html

On another note, you are 2wd so spindel lifts are an option also.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:47 AM   #6
Thanks for the help. Do you suggest re-gearing or beefing up the driveshaft with a 6" lift, but not offroading? I will be hauling a boat in the summer months.