Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Leaf springs off old Ford flatbed: bad idea?

Old 04-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #1
Yodatacotuesdays is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Volunteer - S&R
Yodatacotuesdays's Tacoma Gallery
Leaf springs off old Ford flatbed: bad idea?

Was going to buy $400 Allpro springs (still might) but figured I should check the local pick-n-pull. Found old springs from a Ford flatbed for $70. My only concern is if these springs would be too much for my truck and make the ride really awkward. Guess I could just use some of the leafs...?
Old 04-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #2
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing wrong if you get the eye to eye length, leaf width and spring rate you want.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:25 AM   #5
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Ask Codger Doug
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
PM Father Time Doug

Glad to see my fan base is up & running.....

OP, what you ask is perfectly acceptable (using some of the leafs)

just make sure that whatever you use for donor springs are as close to stock as possible... i.e; width/thickness are first priority, I've been building/rebuilding Tacoma leafpacks for a couple years now with awesome results, click the link in my sig if you have any questions...