Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Do the TSB leaf springs settle?

Old 04-13-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
sstauffer7 is on a distinguished road
sstauffer7's Tacoma Gallery
Do the TSB leaf springs settle?

Hey guys I know it's been posted a bunch in a bunch of places, but I want to get your opinion on my situation. I just got 5100s installed all around and at the same time swapped out my non tsb leafs for some 2008 tsb leafs, on my 2006 dc.

I thought setting the fronts at 1.75" would level it out with the rear tsb but it still sits about an inch and a half higher in the rear... Will this settle or should I consider bumping the fronts up to 2.5"???
Old 04-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #3
Even though they're used tsbs from a different truck? And how much do they usually settle?
Old 04-13-2013, 01:17 PM   #4
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstauffer7 View Post
Even though they're used tsbs from a different truck? And how much do they usually settle?
Hard to know how much they have or have not already settled

My truck came with the " TSB " 4 leaf pack stock , I lost 1 1/2 - 2" of height over 6 months of hauling about 300lbs daily
Old 04-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #5
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Hard to know how much they have or have not already settled

My truck came with the " TSB " 4 leaf pack stock , I lost 1 1/2 - 2" of height over 6 months of hauling about 300lbs daily
wow they settled even though the 300lbs was in the drivers seat?
Old 04-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #6
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpjmpr View Post
wow they settled even though the 300lbs was in the drivers seat?
Lol
Old 04-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #7
Haha cool. Thank you!
Old 04-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #8
Ronn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to behold
Name: Ron
Ronn's Tacoma Gallery
For reference the hub to fender measurements on my 2007 tsb pack with 200000km are 22 inches on each side