Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Best rear suspension for me.......

Old 02-16-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
The Not So New guy
ComaTosin has a spectacular aura aboutComaTosin has a spectacular aura aboutComaTosin has a spectacular aura about

Name: Drew
ComaTosin's Tacoma Gallery
Best rear suspension for me.......

I have toytec C/O in the front and I'm trying to think what do to with the rear now. Only around town and occasionally have my dualsport in the back. Currently have factory rear with 2" blocks
wondered what is a better ON ROAD ride in terms of comfort.

1. factory (3 leaf) pack with a 2" blocks and factory billys (TRD off road PKG)
2. Dakars and OME N182 shocks
3. Leave blocks and crappy springs and add OME N182 shocks on

Obviously the OME set up will give me more performance in terms of load capacity and off road performance and carry the bike w/o sagging etc but how will the comfort compare?
Old 02-16-2009, 07:28 PM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Option 2 would be the way I go.. If you don't want to spend the cash, at least get the OME shocks... they're phenomenal...
Old 02-16-2009, 07:49 PM   #3
The Not So New guy
ComaTosin has a spectacular aura aboutComaTosin has a spectacular aura aboutComaTosin has a spectacular aura about

i know option 2 is a better way to go - as in the suspension will be "better". but what about more comfort? will it ride better than this current set up?
ps - i understand that "better" is a relative term here......
thanks
Old 02-16-2009, 07:58 PM   #4
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
The Dakars are nice

I've heard they're better than AAL. The OME rear shocks are 10,000 times better than the Stock TRD shocks. They're also 9,000 better than Bilstien 5125 shocks...

My OME shocks ride better than Bilstien shocks.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:59 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarva View Post
the dakars are nice

I've heard they're better than aal. the ome rear shocks are 10,000 times better than the stock trd shocks. They're also 9,000 better than bilstien 5125 shocks... :d

my ome shocks ride better than bilstien shocks.
lmao!
Old 02-16-2009, 08:07 PM   #6
The Not So New guy

man. I was not prepared for all of this technical data!! ha ha ha. 10K, 9K LMAO