LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift kit purchase from Discount Tire

Old 04-14-2013, 04:14 AM   #1
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Lift kit purchase from Discount Tire

I was getting my tires rotated Saturday and was talking to manager about Tacoma's and lifts. He mentioned that while they do not install they sell them and could save me some money. Has anyone bought from them?
Old 04-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stump jumper View Post
I was getting my tires rotated Saturday and was talking to manager about Tacoma's and lifts. He mentioned that while they do not install they sell them and could save me some money. Has anyone bought from them?
What did they offer?
Old 04-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #3
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
What did they offer?
Spacers & blocks is my guess.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
tnttse is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
tnttse's Tacoma Gallery
i don't know bro, you probably want to buy from a place that specializes in lifts..
Old 04-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I didnt know that about DT? Why would they sell something they didnt install....weird.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:55 AM   #6
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I did not get to the point of asking what they sell. The dude made it sound like complete kits. Conversation came up because he was wanting a Tacoma with 6" lift. I caurtioned him that he might want to stick with 3 unless he was sure of truck and the install. He seemed to be familar with lifts. After I mentioned thinking about buying a base TRD and putting an aftermarket lift on it he said that they sell them. If I do not get the Baja equipped the way I want it then this is the route I am going.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stump jumper View Post
I did not get to the point of asking what they sell. The dude made it sound like complete kits. Conversation came up because he was wanting a Tacoma with 6" lift. I caurtioned him that he might want to stick with 3 unless he was sure of truck and the install. He seemed to be familar with lifts. After I mentioned thinking about buying a base TRD and putting an aftermarket lift on it he said that they sell them. If I do not get the Baja equipped the way I want it then this is the route I am going.
Technically, a spacer and blocks is a complete lift, just not a good one. Get more info and a price to find out what kind of deal you're really getting.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #8
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Spacers & blocks is my guess.
I was trying not to say it........................buuuut that's exactly what I was thinking
Old 04-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #9
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

Discount Tire Direct's Tacoma Gallery
Our stores and our employees are not trained to install lifts, we focus on wheels and tires at our retail locations so we can get you in and out quickly and so we can give you an honest recommendation for other things if they need to be done. (alignment, brakes, etc).

We sell a few other items through our ebay store now but as far as I know our stores will always stick to just wheels and tires.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #10

I know that Discount only does tires and wheels. I switched from NTB when Discount opened their first store in Dallas. I prefer to buy from someone that does tires only. NTB will try to sell other services when they do your tires. I really got toired of that. I was just surprised that the manager said they sold lift kits.