LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

How do I get this ball joint free?

Old 04-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
How do I get this ball joint free?

When I remove the pin/nut do I hit it with a small sledge hammer? Going to be installing new UCA'S

Old 04-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #2
dirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: mike
dirtymike's Tacoma Gallery
Pickle fork.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #3
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Use a 2lb sledge right on that flat part of the spindle. It will break the taper
Old 04-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Do I need to tie anything off to prevent from falling and stretching the brake lines?
Old 04-14-2013, 04:38 PM   #5
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't on mine. When it broke free it still rested in the hole. I had to manually move the control arm up and out of the way after I broke the BJ free. Once the old arm was completely out of the way, thats when I tied the spindle off to the frame.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #6

Thanks!
Old 04-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #7
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
No problem man!