Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME 3" lift installed

Old 02-17-2009, 08:09 AM   #1
IB Slingin has a spectacular aura aboutIB Slingin has a spectacular aura aboutIB Slingin has a spectacular aura about
IB Slingin's Tacoma Gallery
OME 3" lift installed

Thanks for all the help! Just did it over the weekend and got an alignment yesterday. It's a different truck now!!
ToyTec 3"
OME 885 coils w/top plate spacer and 5100's all around
TSB AAL
Total Chaos UCA's
Old 02-17-2009, 09:01 AM   #3
trailmaster308 is on a distinguished road

trailmaster308's Tacoma Gallery
Like the tube steps. Where did you get them? Bolt ons?
Old 02-17-2009, 10:40 AM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice!
Old 02-17-2009, 10:44 AM   #9
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
NicksRig's Tacoma Gallery
I like it....I like it alot
Old 02-17-2009, 11:12 AM   #10
IB Slingin has a spectacular aura aboutIB Slingin has a spectacular aura aboutIB Slingin has a spectacular aura about
Thanks!!! The step bars are from N-Fab, and yes, VERY EASY to bolt on! The tires are BFG A/T 265/70/17. I was thinking about going up to a 285, but I'll leave these on for a while.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:08 PM   #12
KMADA has a spectacular aura aboutKMADA has a spectacular aura about
KMADA's Tacoma Gallery
How's the ome with the 5100s? Would you prefer ome shocks? I'd rather go the 5100s due to wanting the lift asap and saving a lil more cash but just not sure
Old 02-17-2009, 12:25 PM   #13
Cramerism
Cramer@Down-South is on a distinguished road
Cramer@Down-South's Tacoma Gallery
I like the 5100s because you can set the preload to where you want you truck to sit. Adjustability is always nice feature to have. I also have 285s on my truck and they look really good with a fox shock and Total Chaos UCA nothing on the back. I had to do a little cutting on the inside of the front fender well to clear at full turn. thats the only thing.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:33 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMADA View Post
How's the ome with the 5100s? Would you prefer ome shocks? I'd rather go the 5100s due to wanting the lift asap and saving a lil more cash but just not sure
I had the 5100's set at 1.75. Now I have them at the lowest setting with the 885's. I havent driven the truck all that much and to me it feels "maybe" a little firmer, but not harsh at all. Others say the OME shocks ride better than the 5100's. Im happy with the 5100's for now and dont intend on changing them.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:49 PM   #15
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
Educate me here,
what does the top plate spacer accomplish? this answer could generate another question from me depending on its function.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:50 PM   #16
EGtaco is on a distinguished road
EGtaco's Tacoma Gallery
so on a scale of 1-10 stock suspension being a 5 what would you guy rate the 5100s at? Just curious i guess.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #17
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDGEZR View Post
Educate me here,
what does the top plate spacer accomplish? this answer could generate another question from me depending on its function.
OME sells a 5mmm and 10mm top plate spacer to adjust them for a little more heigt.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #18
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
OME sells a 5mmm and 10mm top plate spacer to adjust them for a little more heigt.
basically to correct the lean from the gas tank battery and fat-ass driver being on all side, right?
Old 02-17-2009, 04:55 PM   #19
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
So ,
if you are adding that top plate spacer for additional height, how is that much different than doing a spacer lift with stock components? You will still get wear on that CV wont you? Did this install require a drop diff to assist with alignment and vibration? Assuming your lift/level kit is one with a top plate spacer i guess.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:56 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
basically to correct the lean from the gas tank battery and fat-ass driver being on all side, right?
Nope. They sell a Trim Packer for that. In the past, there were many complaints about the OME springs sagging too much, so OME came out with these Top plate spacers to add to the lift, or help if too much sag has happened. I havent heard of much sagging on the new springs sinse they started scragging them.