Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME 884 with top plate spacers - DCLB

Old 04-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #1
BCBoy is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
BCBoy's Tacoma Gallery
OME 884 with top plate spacers - DCLB

Last year I made the mistake of putting ome 884 coils on my DC and I ended up with a touch over 2" of lift. I have regretted it since day one so now I am trying to figure out how to get more lift the easiest. My question is, how much lift will I see overall if I add top plate spacers to my 884's? Thanks!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #3

BCBoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Switch to 885's
That's what I'm thinking will work best. Your truck looks great, are you using top plate spacers on your 885's?
Old 04-16-2013, 06:38 PM   #4
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCBoy View Post
That's what I'm thinking will work best. Your truck looks great, are you using top plate spacers on your 885's?
No top plate spacers , just the 5mm OME trim packer on the driver side
Old 04-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #5
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Im in the same boat as you, Im wanting a little more lift but Im also an access cab so I got around 2.3 roughly. My center of hub to fender measurments are 22 1/4 on each side.To get more lift as of right now Im putting the 1/4 spacer on the passenger side and the 1/2 spacer on the driver side to get a little more lift

here are pics of the install
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...pic-heavy.html
Old 04-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #6

BCBoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
Im in the same boat as you, Im wanting a little more lift but Im also an access cab so I got around 2.3 roughly. My center of hub to fender measurments are 22 1/4 on each side.To get more lift as of right now Im putting the 1/4 spacer on the passenger side and the 1/2 spacer on the driver side to get a little more lift

here are pics of the install
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...pic-heavy.html
That's what I was thinking about doing but I figure I won't get the height I want because my truck is a DC. I may just go with 885's and the 5mm lean spacer. My other option would be to go with 885's with a 1/2 spacer on the driver side and a 1/4 spacer on the passenger because I would still like to have a slight front to back rake. Any opinions on this?
Old 04-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #7

BCBoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCBoy View Post
That's what I was thinking about doing but I figure I won't get the height I want because my truck is a DC. I may just go with 885's and the 5mm lean spacer. My other option would be to go with 885's with a 1/2 spacer on the driver side and a 1/4 spacer on the passenger because I would still like to have a slight front to back rake. Any opinions on this?
Would that give me roughly 2.75"?
Old 04-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #8
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I got 2 1/2" on my DCLB 4x4 with just the 885's , no top plate spacers
Old 04-16-2013, 10:48 PM   #9
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Like OZ said 885s will get you 2.5".
Easiest way would be to add the spacers (amount of lift is twice the thickness of the spacer, 884s & 885s have the same spring rate with the 885s being a little longer).
Best way would be to swap the 884s for 885s.
I was at a full 3" front & rear with 885s & Dakars on my AC 4Banger.
Sliders lowered me 0.25" front & rear. A full set of skids lowered my front another 0.5".
I added 0.25" top plate spacers to regain 0.5" of what I lost up front and now sit at 2.75" front & rear.
If you don't plan on adding any weight to your Taco the 884s should be fine. If you do definitely go for the 885s & add spacers when you add weight.
Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)