Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear resevoir shocks

Old 04-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #1
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Rear resevoir shocks

Are they worth the extra $190? The ranch I hunt on is pretty rocky and rough but I am not doing jumps or getting airborne. I am thinking they would because there is a lot of wheel bounce going on.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stump jumper View Post
Are they worth the extra $190? The ranch I hunt on is pretty rocky and rough but I am not doing jumps or getting airborne. I am thinking they would because there is a lot of wheel bounce going on.
The reserviors are worth it if you have a high suspension travel rate. The external reservior will help keep the shocks cool so they continue to perform well. They're worth it if you need that level of performance but if you're doing slow speed runs, you probably don't NEED them but they are still nice
Old 04-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I am thinking they will help control the rear end on the ranch roads. There are times when I get going a little fast and have to slow down because the rear is coming around a little bit.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #4
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stump jumper View Post
I am thinking they will help control the rear end on the ranch roads. There are times when I get going a little fast and have to slow down because the rear is coming around a little bit.
A good set of properly valved shocks would likely keep you in control in those situations. When I say higher speed runs, I'm refering to something like a prerunner would tackle. Very bumpy, high speed runs where the truck just needs to float over everything and the suspension needs to absorb everything. Those shocks can get very hot which is where the external reservior comes into play. For what most of us do, we don't NEED remote reserviors but a lot of people have them anyways. Not seeing the type of driving you do, it's tough to say whether you need them or not but if you can drive the roads now and be OK with standard, non-performance shocks, then just upgrading to a higher end shock would be a huge improvement already and keep your truck in line. I would recommend talking to a company that specializes in this sort of thing like Downsouth Motorsports. Explain to them the type of driving you do and see what they say.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:59 AM   #5
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
i think for your application you wont need reservoirs
Old 04-17-2013, 08:01 AM   #6

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoffensive View Post
i think for your application you wont 'need' reservoirs
FTFY

Gotta put it in quotes because a lot of times we 'need' things but don't need them
Old 04-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #7
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
FTFY

Gotta put it in quotes because a lot of times we 'need' things but don't need them

LAWLZ

YEEEEE
Old 04-17-2013, 08:04 AM   #8
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Do it right the first time! They non Resi may work for you, but the key word there is "may" 100% with a resi will handle it. It's not just high travel #'s where a resi helps, it's any repetitive shock movement. Wash board roads are a great example which i'm sure you encounter, with those your not using a lot of travel, but the the shock is being used a ton very quickly and that creates heat. The Resi will allow for more oil, better cooling, less shock fade. And they do look sweet!

I have Icon's in both Resi and Non Resi in stock ready to ship and we offer a TW discount. Shoot me a PM for pricing if you want.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:31 AM   #9

Might be a mute point now. I am going to talk to a dealer tonight about ordering a Baja. If we can get to where the price makes sense than I will go for it. I am working with 3 and one is already within $500 of my target.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #10
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
If you currently have shock fade issues that are heat related you need them. Otherwise you do not.