Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Coilover opinions needed stat!

Old 04-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
tacofan is on a distinguished road
tacofan's Tacoma Gallery
Coilover opinions needed stat!

Long story short I have a 07" taco that had Donahoe Racing (now Icon) coilovers on it. I yanked them off and sent them to be rebuilt (100,000 miles) and Icon just called and they are junked.

My truck is on blocks, I am in a borrowed freaking mini-van and Uncle Sam just took a HUGE bite out of my cash flow on Monday. I need a complete set of coilovers yesterday and I need them cheap as possible.

What do all you fine posters of tacomaworld recommend? I saw some Toytec/Bilstein height adjustable for $599 are those any good or does anyone have a better/cheaper solution?

Thanks for the help! Cheers!
Old 04-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #3
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Order a set of spacers until you find something you like.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
OME from DSM or Toytec
Old 04-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #5
tacofan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Order a set of spacers until you find something you like.
Sorry, should have mentioned that the stock suspension is long gone and I need the lift to accomodate the oversized tires.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #6
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Credit card . New coilovers .
Old 04-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #7
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
I have some Icon's in stock, and can get some 5100's out to you as well. I can have the 5100's leave Friday. Were getting our shipment Friday morning.

Going from a good Coil over back to a 5100 will be noticable. Best would be to go with an icon or something with that 2.5" shock your used to.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #8
Haws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Name: Shawn
Haws's Tacoma Gallery
Im agreeing with the guy above. Buying something less expensive now may just mean you"ll buy it again later. Im running the Camburg coil overs
Old 04-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #9
tacofan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
I have some Icon's in stock, and can get some 5100's out to you as well. I can have the 5100's leave Friday. Were getting our shipment Friday morning.

Going from a good Coil over back to a 5100 will be noticable. Best would be to go with an icon or something with that 2.5" shock your used to.
PM me some prices please.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #10
tacofan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haws View Post
Im agreeing with the guy above. Buying something less expensive now may just mean you"ll buy it again later. Im running the Camburg coil overs
Buying something cheaper now doesn't mean buying something more expensive later, it just means years of me bitching about it!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:39 PM   #11
Haws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Name: Shawn
Haws's Tacoma Gallery
Exactly.... I speak from experience
Old 04-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #12
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
SDHQ is a great company man......get the Icon's though!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:34 AM   #13
916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
916 YATES's Tacoma Gallery
I am going with Sway A Way Racerunners.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #14
tacofan's Tacoma Gallery
Props to TenCrawler, just got his Light Racing Coil Overs installed tonight and it feels like I am driving a brand new truck!!!!!!! Thanks, bro!
Old 05-01-2013, 02:02 AM   #15
HUH?
Jkohler is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
Jkohler's Tacoma Gallery
I have some second gen billy 5100 adjustables- extended no questions asked warranty (4w parts) with stock coils I need to get rid of. Also have a spacer about 4". Have to measure what it is if your interested I'd let em go for $250+ shipping. I could even send the bilsteins back under warranty and have them send you some brand spankin new ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Coilover opinions needed stat!-image.jpg