Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lifting my Taco

Old 02-17-2009, 10:46 AM   #1
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Lifting my Taco

Ok so i got the TSB done on my 09 and now the rear is 3 in higher than the front. So i want to level it out and also put in a AAL in the back. I was looking at toytech getting the 5100's for the front and setting them to 2.5 and than getting their AAL for the back. How close would that get me to level and what else would i need for the lift? I know UCA eventually but i dont want to spend the money on those yet. And also the left side is about a half and inch lower than the right side. Anyone else have the same problem with their TSB?
Old 02-17-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
The rear TSB leaf springs will settle so that your back end is about 2" or so higher than the front. I can go measure my truck for the exact height difference between front and rear of my truck if you like.

Just a thought, but if your like me you want some rake (rear higher than front) for when you tow or have stuff back there it doesn't make the truck look like the rears sagging.

The left of our trucks is always gonna sit lower than the right. There is more weight on the driver side. The battery and gas tank are all on the driver side. This lean has been refereed to as the "Taco lean" and is a characteristic of all Tacos.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #3
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
oh ok that makes sense. As for the lift will i need anything else besides the AAL kit and the 5100's?
Old 02-17-2009, 01:37 PM   #4
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
oh ok that makes sense. As for the lift will i need anything else besides the AAL kit and the 5100's?
Nope
Old 02-17-2009, 02:43 PM   #5
Cramerism
Cramer@Down-South is on a distinguished road
Cramer@Down-South's Tacoma Gallery
I think the 5100's are a great choice if you are looking to save some cash. I have a '08 Tacoma with a UCA and the Fox Racing Shox bolt in coil over lift. The shock is designed to work in direct relation with this upper arm so you get a shock and spring rate that match your vehicle. They are a bit more on the pricey side but definately a great investment if your looking to get the truck dirty!