Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilstein 5100

Old 04-18-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
Panzer is on a distinguished road

Panzer's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100

I know this question has been asked thousands of times but I am having trouble locating the correct answer and I figured I would just ask it.

I just purchased a 2013 TRD Sport and wanted to purchase the 5100 setup. I just want to level out the front with the rear. I have seen the TSB for the rear leaf springs. Does the TSB apply to the 2013? Do I just purchase the front 5100s with the stock coils and set it at 1.75? I was at downsouthmotorsports.com but had trouble finding the right setup. Also, does anyone have pics of this setup with stock tires? Thanks.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Count the leaves on the rear, 3 thin & 1 thick (overload) you have the TSB pack, 2 leaves & 1 overload you have no TSB
Old 04-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #3

Panzer's Tacoma Gallery
So no TSB I am good?
Old 04-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #4
Dexter319 is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
Dexter319's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a picture of my truck with the 5100's installed, 1.75" setting on the front with TSB in the rear. This was before the alignment and the shocks settled a bit so its sitting even on the front and rear now.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #5
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I think without the TSB go with .85 with TSB go with 1.75
Old 04-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #6
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizguy101 View Post
I know this question has been asked thousands of times but I am having trouble locating the correct answer and I figured I would just ask it.

I just purchased a 2013 TRD Sport and wanted to purchase the 5100 setup. I just want to level out the front with the rear. I have seen the TSB for the rear leaf springs. Does the TSB apply to the 2013? Do I just purchase the front 5100s with the stock coils and set it at 1.75? I was at downsouthmotorsports.com but had trouble finding the right setup. Also, does anyone have pics of this setup with stock tires? Thanks.
u should have a 4 pack (ur info states 2013 sport)

heres the link

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...ar-shocks.html
Old 04-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #8

Panzer's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you get them? Just the fronts, correct with the stock coils?
Old 04-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #9
Airdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AD3 86-89 VX-5 China Lake
Name: Tom
Airdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Got them from downsouth motorsports. Yes it is just 5100's in the front and yes they are the stock TRD offroad coils. If you check out my build thread you can see how it evolved from stock to where it is today.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #10

Panzer's Tacoma Gallery
http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-11...le-shocks.html ?

So I have to get all 4? Makes sense now I think. I'm a newbie with this stuff. Thanks.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #11
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ur lucky enough to have the sport/SR5 coils which are linear and take preloading somewhat better than the progressive offroad coils comparatively

U could always get eibach coils and 5100s set at "0" for about 1.6" of front lift and not have any preloading also
Old 04-18-2013, 06:11 PM   #12
Airdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AD3 86-89 VX-5 China Lake
Name: Tom
Airdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

So I have to get all 4? Makes sense now I think. I'm a newbie with this stuff. Thanks.
No you do not have to get all 4 if you do not want to. I only got the fronts at the time of this photo because I knew when I did my lift I was going to be getting new rear shocks so I opted out of getting the rear 5100 at the time.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:11 PM   #13

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

no, refresh this page and click on my link....I HAD TO EDIT IT...............at the drop down, if u dont want rear shocks, select NONE and u will be fine......................although the rear 5100s are a nice compliment to the fronts

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...ar-shocks.html
Old 04-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #14

Panzer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
ur lucky enough to have the sport/SR5 coils which are linear and take preloading somewhat better than the progressive offroad coils comparatively

U could always get eibach coils and 5100s set at "0" for about 1.6" of front lift and not have any preloading also
What about rear?
Old 04-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #15

Panzer's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry you guys are replying too fast for me. Haha
Old 04-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #16

Panzer's Tacoma Gallery
What about the longer brake line? Is it really needed?
Old 04-19-2013, 03:31 AM   #18

Panzer's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have anymore pics with stock tires/rims?
Old 04-19-2013, 10:39 PM   #19
Ronn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to behold
Name: Ron
Ronn's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...0s-1-75-a.html

Check that thread for pictures
Old 04-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #20
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anyone have anymore pics with stock tires/rims?
Im about to install some on stockies next week when they get in. Will send you pics if you want.