Notices

Fox coilover + lift block?

Old 04-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #1
HUH?
Jkohler is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
Jkohler's Tacoma Gallery
Fox coilover + lift block?

Hey all, I am looking to purchase some fox 2.0 coilovers soon and was wondering if I could have a 3 inch lift block on top of it to have a 6 inch lift? Would this cause any problems? Right now I have bilstein 5100 height adjustable shocks in combination with a lift block, toytec upper control arms, and fabtec 6 inch lift spindles. It pretty much rides like a tank :/ I have actually blown out 3 of the bilstein shocks in two different incidences. I believe this is because I have extremely low down travel on the shock, and if I jar it hard, it makes an unpleasant sound and hard hit. Any suggestions or advice? I am looking to spend around $1,000 bucks. It is my daily driver and weekend warrior. I took it down to moab this year for the safari and took it on steel bender and golden spike and did well.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Nope 3" is the max unless you do a drop bracket or a body lift.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #3
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Im not sure what you mean by lift block. I'm not an expert on lifts but I have 5" drop bracket with strut spacers and I put on Icon coilovers. It improved my ground clearance and added some height. What are your CV's looking like right now?
Old 04-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #4
HUH?

Jkohler's Tacoma Gallery
Thats what I dont really understand because I have 6 inches of lift on it right now..What would be the dangers/problems with using a block on top of the coil over?
Old 04-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #5
HUH?

Jkohler's Tacoma Gallery
A block is a round metal 3'' puck that goes between where the coilover and bracket where the coilover bolts in on the top
Old 04-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #6
HUH?

Jkohler's Tacoma Gallery
And the cv's aren't terrible, they are at a little bit of an angle. I replaced them about 20,000 miles ago and have had no issues so far. I just got back from moab as well.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:29 PM   #7
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
How do you have 6" lift spindles with a 4wd
Old 04-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #8
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like he has a drop bracket already...
Old 04-18-2013, 10:33 PM   #9
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaOverAll View Post
Sounds like he has a drop bracket already...
He must then i guess you could stack a 3" block on the co's if in fact you do have a drop bracket.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #10
HUH?

Jkohler's Tacoma Gallery
I will post pictures of my current setup tomorrow. Heres a link to the spindles and crossmember I currently have.
http://www.carid.com/2005-toyota-tac...FQtyQgod0xUAcQ
I am pretty sure I dont have a drop bracket lift.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #12
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OP, I'd like to see pics of your front suspension. I'm very confused lol
Old 04-18-2013, 10:39 PM   #14
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yea maybe its semantics but I don't understand if we are talking about the same thing. Can you post some pics of the truck?
Old 04-18-2013, 10:42 PM   #15
F*ck you Brent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
Yea maybe its semantics but I don't understand if we are talking about the same thing. Can you post some pics of the truck?
The truck looks like it has 6" of lift with something smaller than 35s.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:42 PM   #16
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkohler View Post
I will post pictures of my current setup tomorrow. Heres a link to the spindles and crossmember I currently have.
http://www.carid.com/2005-toyota-tac...FQtyQgod0xUAcQ
I am pretty sure I dont have a drop bracket lift.
That is a drop bracket 6" lift and it rides like crap because you have the stage one you need to get stage 2 coil overs for a better ride. They get rid of that spacer you have and are the full lenght.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #17

Yes. Looks like you have a drop bracket. You can run aftermarket coilovers just fine with most of these, although I don't know anything about that kit specifically.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:40 AM   #18
HUH?

Jkohler's Tacoma Gallery
Pictures

Heres some pictures I snapped this morning of what I have.
Is this a Drop Bracket Lift? As far as I know the aftermarket mods are as follows: new cross members, after marked 6'' spindles, aftermarket upper control arms, replacement bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks on 2nd setting, 3'' spacer (was originally a 6'' spacer if you can believe it, cut down to 3") differential/3rd member drop kit, rear driveline SYE drop kit, and aftermarket sway bars. This is my first yota, I have always had jeeps with solid axles so IFS is a new thing to me and I have been learning as I have been going. I should probably clarify that when I bought the truck it had what I was told was a truck outfitters lift. I have replaced everything except the cross members.
Attached Thumbnails
Fox coilover + lift block?-img_1149.jpg   Fox coilover + lift block?-img_1150.jpg   Fox coilover + lift block?-img_1151.jpg   Fox coilover + lift block?-img_1153.jpg   Fox coilover + lift block?-img_1154.jpg  

Old 04-19-2013, 07:52 AM   #19
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
That is a drop bracket lift.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #20
HUH?

Jkohler's Tacoma Gallery
Glad we figured that out haha. I am fairly new to IFS lifts. This might be a stupid question, but how does a DB lift work? Is there a way to tell how much of a DB lift I have? What would be the best coilovers to go with this DB to get a 6'' lift? Do I need to buy 6'' lift coilovers?