1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

stuck on stupid

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by toyotatrav, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Apr 20, 2013 at 1:04 PM
    toyotatrav

toyotatrav [OP] Just me

Member:
    First Name:
    travis
    nevada
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma crew cab
    magnaflow exhaust nerf bar steps, pioneer dvd head deck, TRD cai, remote start
    hi guys i been searching and hunting and there are too many options for my little brain to configure.
    driving habits are i dont wheel my truck that much, but if i do its not xtream. all i want is to get the truck looking good and run a 32' tire.
    i am married so my spending limit is limited...
    looking at these lifts
    Zone 4" lift with some new 5100 shocks
    or
    toytec lift bilstein adjustable 5100 shocks pt# bk0510 with a 1"-1.5" body lift
    so im looking for a little more than 3" lift and as of right now im leaning to the toytec lift with small body..

any thoughts?

2. Apr 20, 2013 at 5:51 PM
    toyotatrav

toyotatrav [OP] Just me

Member:
    First Name:
    travis
    nevada
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma crew cab
    The truck came with a 2" over coil spacer and 305/50/20 (32"tires)tires and the tire fits fine other than a little rub on the uca. But it looks like it needs to be a little taller for the rims n tires to match the truck...and if I'm already sitting 2 in the front and 0 in the rear an extra 3" all the way around I think would look smoking hot.. just want others opinion on what lift people recomend

3. Apr 20, 2013 at 5:54 PM
    ntilehman

ntilehman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner Off Road
    Rock Sliders Front Light Bar +1.5" Front Arms with Ext. Kings
    Body lifts look awful IMO. If you like looking at the frame a lot then go for that. I personally hate big wheels on these trucks. A lift won't fix your rub on the uca. That is a wheel backspace issue. I would find some 16-17" wheel and tire combo then run the 2"front 1" rear lift.

4. Apr 21, 2013 at 9:09 AM
    toyotatrav

toyotatrav [OP] Just me

Member:
    First Name:
    travis
    nevada
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma crew cab
    thanks for your thoughts, not too worried about the uca rub right now.. and i might have a potential rim n tire trade for some 16" XD hoss rims and a/t tires.. how ever i am attatched to my monsters.. i think i made up muy mind to go with the toytec lift and after a while if i need to go higher ill do a SMALL body lift like a 1"... dont think the frame will show that much, i have aftermarket step bars on that hang down more than a few inches.. i dont really want to go bigger than a 32" tire cus this truck does alot of traveling and i wanna keep what gas milage i can. thanks for your guys input

Products Discussed in

To Top