Notices

stuck on stupid

Old 04-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #1
Just me
toyotatrav will become famous soon enough

Name: travis
toyotatrav's Tacoma Gallery
stuck on stupid

hi guys i been searching and hunting and there are too many options for my little brain to configure.
driving habits are i dont wheel my truck that much, but if i do its not xtream. all i want is to get the truck looking good and run a 32' tire.
i am married so my spending limit is limited...
looking at these lifts
Zone 4" lift with some new 5100 shocks
or
toytec lift bilstein adjustable 5100 shocks pt# bk0510 with a 1"-1.5" body lift
so im looking for a little more than 3" lift and as of right now im leaning to the toytec lift with small body..

any thoughts?
Old 04-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
You can run a 32" tire on stock height . 2" front 1" rear should be fine . Anything more and tires will look small .
Old 04-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #3
Just me

The truck came with a 2" over coil spacer and 305/50/20 (32"tires)tires and the tire fits fine other than a little rub on the uca. But it looks like it needs to be a little taller for the rims n tires to match the truck...and if I'm already sitting 2 in the front and 0 in the rear an extra 3" all the way around I think would look smoking hot.. just want others opinion on what lift people recomend
Old 04-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Body lifts look awful IMO. If you like looking at the frame a lot then go for that. I personally hate big wheels on these trucks. A lift won't fix your rub on the uca. That is a wheel backspace issue. I would find some 16-17" wheel and tire combo then run the 2"front 1" rear lift.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:09 AM   #5
Just me

thanks for your thoughts, not too worried about the uca rub right now.. and i might have a potential rim n tire trade for some 16" XD hoss rims and a/t tires.. how ever i am attatched to my monsters.. i think i made up muy mind to go with the toytec lift and after a while if i need to go higher ill do a SMALL body lift like a 1"... dont think the frame will show that much, i have aftermarket step bars on that hang down more than a few inches.. i dont really want to go bigger than a 32" tire cus this truck does alot of traveling and i wanna keep what gas milage i can. thanks for your guys input