1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Icon Stage 1 help

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Marcitron88, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Apr 20, 2013 at 8:38 PM
    Marcitron88

Marcitron88 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    The Great White North
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCLB
    Ok so Ive got a 2013 DCLB and I want to get it lifted for a little more ground clearance and larger tires. Ive searched all over the forums but cant piece together all the information I'm confused about. Im not going to be doing lots of off-roading and when I do it wont be very intense. I mostly want the truck to be able to handle the cold Canadian winters with the huge snow drifts. So I was in my local 4x4 shop and they had a Icon stage 1 kit with the non-reservoir emulsion shocks. They were telling me that the reservoir shocks wont perform as well in the cold weather that we usually have here...I have not been able to confirm this yet. Also will I need to get the icon aal 1.5" in the back to have the truck sit pretty level with the front if I have them set at 2.5"? Im new to trucks but I just cant find the info out there.

2. Apr 20, 2013 at 9:02 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    yes, get the 1.5" AAL for the back. You dont need resi's for the fronts, and only in the rear if you are over heating your shocks from use. FWIW, I have run them out here in 100*+ temps, and only gotten them to about 10* over abient temps. It takes alot o abuse to heat up a 2.5" shock on our trucks.

3. Apr 20, 2013 at 9:15 PM
    Marcitron88

Marcitron88 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    The Great White North
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCLB
    Ok how about the 2.0 non res rears? will they stand up to mild abuse with the aal? I see youre in Arizona...doesnt get too cold there. We just had snow falling today, it wasnt staying on the ground for too long but it was coming down nonetheless.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  4. Apr 24, 2013 at 6:21 PM
    JackTRD

JackTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Southern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    12 SR5 Hidden treasure
    TRD exhaust, bed mat, G4 Elite cover, weather tech front and rear, AVS window deflectors, pop&lock electric tail gate, aFe Pro dry S, compustar alarm with remote start, interior LED, Titan AIr Compressor

Products Discussed in

To Top