Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

decided on new lift

Old 02-17-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
foxracinfor20 has a spectacular aura aboutfoxracinfor20 has a spectacular aura aboutfoxracinfor20 has a spectacular aura about
Marines: mals 13 airframes
Name: doug
foxracinfor20's Tacoma Gallery
decided on new lift

i think i decided on buying the fox racing 2.0s from allpro but still undecided on the uca id love to get the tc's but the allpro is alot cheaper and they swear they are new and improved i dont do alot of offroading since there are not many places to with out driving a good distance fyi im running a spacer lift so i am guessing any change i do will be better than what i have i already have a aal in the back but i am eventually gonna change the rear shocks to a fox racing shock. i will be doing a little at a time since i have a few different thing i am doing at same time like wet okle seat covers and urd cold air and tires still waiting on a price from a hook up on coopers
Old 02-17-2009, 07:12 PM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
damn... based on your driving habits, I'd just go with the OME coils and shocks... it's a good setup.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:12 PM   #3
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
what I'm saying is that you're gonna drop a lot of coin on the Foxes...
Old 02-17-2009, 07:33 PM   #4
foxracinfor20 has a spectacular aura aboutfoxracinfor20 has a spectacular aura aboutfoxracinfor20 has a spectacular aura about
i do not like blistiens at all i went through 3 sets on my 98 and hear tons of noises coming fomrm the front when i turn the wheel and the replacement coils i ve seen are around 800 the fox 2.0s are 1000 and have a few different setting with a dial form what i have researched not dropping the change for the 2.5 1300 and i have always had luck with fox stuff so i trust the name so i am willing to spend the exttra for the piece of mind plus they look good so helps withthe few car shows i do actually go to but may be missing a few cuz of the random shopping carts that have been destroying my truck
Old 02-17-2009, 11:56 PM   #5
Cramerism
Cramer@Down-South is on a distinguished road
Cramer@Down-South's Tacoma Gallery
I am glad to see that there are still people willing to pay a little more for a much better product. I have the fox 2.5 coils with the TC UCA on my truck and worked at Fox for about 8 years. The Allpro kit that has the 2.0 shock with the C/D adjuster is definitely a nice looking and working kit. Having the coil-over and the 8 way compression adjuster knob is so cool because now this one shock has a whole lot of adjustment to dial in exactly how YOU like it. To fit you're driving needs.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:08 PM   #6
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
fox racer,go for it.i got the fox 2.0 with the light racing uca and just cant say enough about the set up.like downsouth said having the 8 adj for your ride it fabulous.on setting 1 it rides like a caddy and on 8 it sorta like ............an old school f250 ride.anyways u will not regret buying foxs.i got a hellofadeal on mine from all pro.they were slightly used off there "show fj" and came with all new hardware and warr.price$$$$$$ 1/2 of new and riden SWEET.later and good luck.gota love a bargain.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:28 PM   #7
Cramerism
Cramer@Down-South is on a distinguished road
Cramer@Down-South's Tacoma Gallery
If you are interested in getting a hooked up lift kit. PM me I am with Downsouth Motorsports and I can get you a great deal.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:51 PM   #8
well everything went out the window after i called and got a price for tc ucas. found them for $535. and got the full swayaway 2.5 kit (front 2.5 and rear 2.0) for $1295 i even got a free hoodie thrown in for free. i called north ridge toyota and ordered it all should have it all by next week its not the kit that i wanted but saved me a lot of money as soon as i get to install it all i will post up pics if any one in the area wants to help me install let me know
Old 02-23-2009, 05:59 PM   #9
Assistant To The Regional Manager
andyr is on a distinguished road
Marines: OIF COMBAT VET E 2/5
andyr's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man i know you got a good deal but is a free hoodie worth it. I would wait and get something i want and not settle for less. I dont know anything bout swayaway... And i have only heard awesome things about the fox setup. Good luck
Old 02-23-2009, 06:09 PM   #10
sawaway makes camburg its a good brand and if i dont like it ill change out to a long travel set up next year and some fiberglass fenders since it will be paid off but i did save alot ove money as the fox 2.5 are 1399 by them self and i needed to but some other things to so money turned out to be a big factor this time