Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Donahoe Coils Question

Old 04-22-2013, 12:30 AM   #1
Tacoma414 is on a distinguished road

Name: Cody
Tacoma414's Tacoma Gallery
Donahoe Coils Question

This guy sent me this because im looking for used coils, what do you guys think and how much would a full rebuild cost or the parts to rebuild them.

Thanks

This is what he said:

"I have a set of DRs but they're in need of a rebuild: stuck collars, one set screw seized (come with one new collar), nitrogen gone but oil still intact, lower spheres need replacement... but all hard parts are just fine... they're just sitting around the garage replaced them with OME setup... $100 + shipping"
Old 04-22-2013, 12:31 AM   #2
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Not worth the hassle. You'll have to send them to Icon and see if they can do a rebuild, which I believe is $150 per coilover, plus all the other parts he mentioned that need replacing. Plus shipping to and from Icon in Corona, CA.

Better to wait for the right deal or save for new ones.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:33 AM   #3

My buddy knows how to rebuild coilovers so the labor part of the cost wouldnt be so much but thats what i was thinking to. To much of a hassle
Old 10-23-2013, 01:23 AM   #4

Found a pair for 600, talked him down to 450, they have 30k miles on them, from what I've read they are amazing and don't a rebuild for a while, what do you guys think and have been adjusted once

Old 10-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #7
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine used for $600 with 30k miles.....if they've been sitting around they'll need a nitro charge at the very least. Worst that happens is you need a re-build which we have a local shop that has 1 day turn around so maybe call around locally?

Good deal if their good like mine where, it's been 2+ years of hard use and I barely need a re-build now. You'll know as they'll ride like shit......when they're good they'll ride like butter.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #8

Yeah he said there's no leaks, and my buddy can rebuild them just needs the kit from icon which is $40 so I'm not worried about that but yeah I can't wait to loose my spacers and see how big of a difference it's going to be.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #9
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
It'll be a HUGE improvement!