Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Orbit Eyes (or similar)

Old 04-22-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Orbit Eyes (or similar)

Hi everyone,

So I've got an Alcan 8 pack on the rear of my rig. The springs flex well, but I am looking for a little more extension out of them. It looks like the longitudinal binding in the spring is preventing my rear suspension from hitting full extension.

So... I'm thinking about replacing my main leaf with one that includes an Orbit Eye shackle in the rear. My question is: Does anyone on here run Orbit Eyes or something similar? Does anyone have any experiences that they can share? Any information you have would be helpful in my decision.

Thanks,

Lumpskie
Old 04-23-2013, 09:29 AM   #2
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
My buddy runs em on a trail only Jeep based rig. They improved the droop and increased his body roll. He did not reccomend them to me for street use. Then again some people run no sway bar on the street.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^Thanks for the input. I've heard about the increase in body roll. But I heard that it is not too dramatic of you only put an eye on one end of the spring. It makes me wonder what it would be like if I go with the orbit eyes and put my sway bar back on.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:16 AM   #4
Independant Thinker

Here's a link to the Orbit Eyes:

Does anyone rum something similar like baja bushings or johnny joints? (Slodgetto, do you have any inputs?)