1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Orbit Eyes (or similar)

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Lumpskie, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Apr 22, 2013 at 6:09 PM
    Lumpskie

Lumpskie [OP] Independent Thinker

Member:
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    '96, 4x4, v6, manual hub
    Toytec 16" coilovers with Tundra Bilstein 5100s, Light Racing UCAs, Alcan Leafs with Orbit Eyes, 12" Bilstein 7100 short Bodies, ARB rear locker, 33x12.5 Duratracs, CBI sliders, Bushwacker fender flares, self made front bumper, M8000, Vision X 6.7" Hi/Lo Beam HIDs, full skids, Inchworm dual case setup - 15º clocking
    Hi everyone,

So I've got an Alcan 8 pack on the rear of my rig. The springs flex well, but I am looking for a little more extension out of them. It looks like the longitudinal binding in the spring is preventing my rear suspension from hitting full extension.

So... I'm thinking about replacing my main leaf with one that includes an Orbit Eye shackle in the rear. My question is: Does anyone on here run Orbit Eyes or something similar? Does anyone have any experiences that they can share? Any information you have would be helpful in my decision.

Thanks,

Lumpskie

2. Apr 23, 2013 at 9:29 AM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    My buddy runs em on a trail only Jeep based rig. They improved the droop and increased his body roll. He did not reccomend them to me for street use. Then again some people run no sway bar on the street.

3. Apr 23, 2013 at 9:41 AM
    Lumpskie

Member:
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    '96, 4x4, v6, manual hub
    Toytec 16" coilovers with Tundra Bilstein 5100s, Light Racing UCAs, Alcan Leafs with Orbit Eyes, 12" Bilstein 7100 short Bodies, ARB rear locker, 33x12.5 Duratracs, CBI sliders, Bushwacker fender flares, self made front bumper, M8000, Vision X 6.7" Hi/Lo Beam HIDs, full skids, Inchworm dual case setup - 15º clocking
    ^Thanks for the input. I've heard about the increase in body roll. But I heard that it is not too dramatic of you only put an eye on one end of the spring. It makes me wonder what it would be like if I go with the orbit eyes and put my sway bar back on.

4. Apr 25, 2013 at 6:16 AM
    Lumpskie

Member:
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    '96, 4x4, v6, manual hub
    Here's a link to the Orbit Eyes:

Does anyone rum something similar like baja bushings or johnny joints? (Slodgetto, do you have any inputs?)

Products Discussed in

To Top