Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

What did this man do to his IFS?

Old 04-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #22
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrog View Post
Lets say it was build geometrically correct. And it was made to be stronger than stock. What would be the advantage to this? What if?
it would look like the existing pro comp/fabtech DB lifts. You need that support between the mounting points.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #23
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
The are supposed to be better for CV axles, basically the whole reason they exist. Probably not bad on drivelines, although lengthening them may be needed depending on how much lift you do.

Nah brah, they exist so you can get 9" of lift out of your IFS.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #24
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
I just....I can't...

maybe he's a member that was testing it trying to find the next big mod. now he's ashamed
Old 04-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #27
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How? It would be like a drop style lift without loosing clearance and stability?
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
No
x2
Quote:
Lets say it was build geometrically correct. And it was made to be stronger than stock. What would be the advantage to this? What if?
Go buy one if you want one. You have to pay to play, and if you do it wrong you will pay a lot more to fix your mistake.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:23 AM   #28
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Nah brah, they exist so you can get 9" of lift out of your IFS.
Without destroying your cv's Well... 9" is a bit much. haha. I could probably get 6" of lift by just jamming some long ass coilovers in there but my CV's would hate me and I woud have no droop whatsoever! haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat241 View Post
This guy was selling a truck too

Holy fuck!! That is an abomination!!! Looks like the LCA's are bent to fuck too...
Old 04-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #29
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat241 View Post
This guy was selling a truck too

Quote:
Without destroying your cv's Well... 9" is a bit much. haha. I could probably get 6" of lift by just jamming some long ass coilovers in there but my CV's would hate me and I woud have no droop whatsoever! haha

Holy fuck!! That is an abomination!!! Looks like the LCA's are bent to fuck too...
On purpose to get the ball joints at an angle where they can droop more.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #30
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post

On purpose to get the ball joints at an angle where they can droop more.
I see. I would think he would just put the bend out closer to the ball joint.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #31
braaap

Quote:
I see. I would think he would just put the bend out closer to the ball joint.
Yeah that's the smart way to do it. Look at the engage kit, they have it midway like that too.