What did this man do to his IFS?

Old 04-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #1
"I think I know more than I do."
Bullfrog is on a distinguished road

Name: McLaren
Bullfrog's Tacoma Gallery
What did this man do to his IFS?

What did this man do to his IFS?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1366745203.875950.jpg
Looks like he basically made is own drop kit.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
It appears you are correct sir. More pics.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #5
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Cant imagine the alignment after that....
Old 04-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #6
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Shits custom yo
Old 04-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #7

What ever it is I want it done.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #8
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrog View Post
No. You don't.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #9
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thats like watching someone rub dog poo all over their body, then thinking

"that looks fun"
Old 04-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #10

How? It would be like a drop style lift without loosing clearance and stability?
Old 04-23-2013, 01:11 PM   #11
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How? It would be like a drop style lift without loosing clearance and stability?
No
Old 04-23-2013, 01:11 PM   #12

Quote:
I would be willing to bet money, that the person who did that cannot get his truck to drive down the road in a straight line. An actual drop bracket is geometrically correct and stronger than stock, this dudes DIY project can't be geometrically correct and it is definitely weaker than stock.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #13
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You should try it.... Take pics after you go wheeling hard the first time so we can see how it holds up...
Old 04-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #14
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Do drop lifts ruin your CV axles and drive lines over time?
Old 04-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #15
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
Do drop lifts ruin your CV axles and drive lines over time?
The are supposed to be better for CV axles, basically the whole reason they exist. Probably not bad on drivelines, although lengthening them may be needed depending on how much lift you do.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #16
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
I want to see how he lengthened the top of the spindle.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #17
HUH?
Jkohler is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
Jkohler's Tacoma Gallery
Thats scary.. homemade DB lift but it doesn't lower your front axle except for the lower control arms. correct me if im wrong. Id cut that shit off and go back stock or get a real DB kit.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #18

Lets say it was build geometrically correct. And it was made to be stronger than stock. What would be the advantage to this? What if?
Old 04-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #19
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lets say it was build geometrically correct. And it was made to be stronger than stock. What would be the advantage to this? What if?
There's no advantage to the DIY abomination you pictured. It looks like a home made diff drop kit and home made drop bracket lift. The purchased drop bracket kits that require you to cut out the cross member replace it with another one that is just as strong. Think about the forces placed on those plates as the suspension cycles. You've basically added a torque block to the frame and removed the cross support that helps keep the front end rigid. The only advantage I can see is he saved a few hundred bucks in the short term but traded it for potentially having huge, expensive issues in the long term.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #20

Quote:
You just can't make it geometrically correct and stronger than stock with a tape measure, welder, and a couple pieces of steel. The only advantage of this was that he didn't spend the money on a drop bracket lift.