Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

new lift and tires

Old 02-18-2009, 12:20 AM   #1
hsc001 will become famous soon enoughhsc001 will become famous soon enough

hsc001's Tacoma Gallery
new lift and tires

Hey yall, I finally bought and installed the toytec coilovers two weeks ago, and thus far am pretty happy with them. And tonight i got a set of 285/75/16 bfg all terrains put on by my toyota dealership. They did manage to bend me over for 120 bucks, but anyways, the tires look good but they rub like crazy and there is maybe a half inch of room between the tire and UCA. Im thinking about getting the spider trax wheel spacers. I hear alot of people say dont get wheel spacers, but i see no other way of running my tires with out them. Oh btw i am using my stock rims. any one have any advice to give to me on my wheel spacer deal? Oh and i got my tires off of craigslist for 100 bucks with more then half tread left on them. tought i would share cause it made me happy.
Attached Thumbnails
new lift and tires-010.jpg   new lift and tires-013.jpg   new lift and tires-012.jpg   new lift and tires-014.jpg  
Old 02-18-2009, 01:30 AM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
looking good. I think with the stock wheels wheel spacers are a must have item. Maybe you can crank the coils a tad more to gain some front tire fender clearance too. Where are they rubbing?
Old 02-18-2009, 01:43 AM   #4
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
good stuff man.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:35 AM   #5

hsc001's Tacoma Gallery
thanks yall, it rubbing mostly on the uca, didnt see any marks on frame yet but i wouldnt doubt it. The tires also bent a section of my skid plate. I will post up pics wheni get the chance. Where could i buy those spider trax spacers? the site said they are out of stock.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:40 AM   #6
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsc001 View Post
thanks yall, it rubbing mostly on the uca, didnt see any marks on frame yet but i wouldnt doubt it. The tires also bent a section of my skid plate. I will post up pics wheni get the chance. Where could i buy those spider trax spacers? the site said they are out of stock.
I am looking at buying new wheels so I may have a full set of spidertrax (2 months old) for sale here shortly they do work well but I can tell you that when you put a set on it solves your uca rub and transfers the rub to the fenderwells. the good news is that it can all be trimmed to fix the problem. oh the tires do rub very slightly on my body mounts when the suspension is flexed and the wheel is turned sharp.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:05 AM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I am looking at buying new wheels so I may have a full set of spidertrax (2 months old) for sale here shortly they do work well but I can tell you that when you put a set on it solves your uca rub and transfers the rub to the fenderwells. the good news is that it can all be trimmed to fix the problem. oh the tires do rub very slightly on my body mounts when the suspension is flexed and the wheel is turned sharp.
hmm....let me know too!
Old 02-18-2009, 08:09 AM   #9
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post

me want spacers too

let me know when you are looking to get rid of them
Old 02-18-2009, 08:26 AM   #13
Jason07 is on a distinguished road
Jason07's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good....did you take any measurements? I am interested in the front from the ground thru the center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender flare.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:05 AM   #14
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Great job, its really looking good!
Old 02-18-2009, 11:07 AM   #15

hsc001's Tacoma Gallery
hey dark knight let me know when you get rid of those spacers, i only need 1 set for the front. And the measurement from the bottom of the front fender flare to the ground is 39 inches maybe half inch more.