Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Advice on Shock Bushings Squeaking

Old 04-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #21
Never Satisfied
KingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KingKoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Thanks. I will try lubricating the bushings first but if that fails, I'll give your method a shot. Just trying to avoid any unnecessary labor.

Great write up

Thanks - I wouldn't consider it a write up. I just seemed to solve my own shock/leaf squeak issues with some help from the comments here.

Asking my dog questions hasn't been working too well.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #22
UrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant future
Name: David
UrPebkac's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Definitely a good call in looking at your old shocks and finding that isolator. I do not recall having those on either sets of stock TRD sets I had. I will have to check my pics for them. Awesome find and thanks for updating us!
Old 05-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #23
P9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info, KingKoda!

I was in my bed a couple weeks ago loading some stuff and noticed that same noise. I've never heard it while driving or any other time. Now I know how to fix it. Sounded just like Mitch's video in the mid-travel BS thread.

I have the same suspension as KingKoda for those wondering.