Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

If I place a 285/75/R16 LT and put 4" lift kit , I can reach 6 inch in my taco?

Old 04-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #1
FOX HOUND
Aeon is on a distinguished road

Aeon's Tacoma Gallery
If I place a 285/75/R16 LT and put 4" lift kit , I can reach 6 inch in my taco?

please post your opinion
Old 04-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #2
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
What do you mean? You want 6" over stock tires and suspension?
Old 04-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #3
FOX HOUND

Aeon's Tacoma Gallery
my stock tires are 245/75/R16 , I am thinking to put 285/75/R16 and 4inch lift kit to reach more tall in my taco .

you know, to gain more tall.

but i dont know if it help me.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #5
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
You will be ~5in over stock.
The 285's are 2.36 in taller then your 245's this ~ 1in taller
Then add the 4in lift to get approx. 5in of lift
Old 04-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #6
FOX HOUND

Aeon's Tacoma Gallery
what is the difference of tall in stock taco vs 6 inch lift kit.?
Old 04-24-2013, 07:19 PM   #7
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not even sure what that means.

If you mean measurements...go measure your truck from top of tire to bottom of fender. Add 6 inches. That's how 'tall' you will be.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:20 PM   #8
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
I think he means height
Old 04-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #9
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
what is the difference of tall in stock taco vs 6 inch lift kit.?
It depends on tire size.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #10
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Don't do it unless you know what you're doing. My advice would be to put some 265/75r16s on and keep researching until you get a better idea of exactly what you're doing with a lift, and especially as to what scenarios you would even need a lift and taller tires for, etc. That way when you do, whatever it is you end up deciding to do, you will know it was the right choice and makes sense for your application.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #11
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Why not just do a 3inch lift wit 285's? If you want a 6inch do a 6inch lift but they are drop bracket and wont really help you any more over a 3inch if you're using it for wheeling.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:08 AM   #12
FOX HOUND

Aeon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oowen View Post
You will be ~5in over stock.
The 285's are 2.36 in taller then your 245's this ~ 1in taller
Then add the 4in lift to get approx. 5in of lift
but if made this... is necessary install (2) spacers in front?
Old 04-25-2013, 08:14 AM   #13
FOX HOUND

Aeon's Tacoma Gallery
I am thinking to buy LT 285/75/R16 , also install lift kit using my stock wheels,

but i don't know what kind of lift kit to buy.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:23 AM   #14
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
If your set on a 6" lift, Pro Comp makes a nice one.

Most of us do 2-4" lifts and go with Old Man Emu, Camburg Spindles (if 2 wheel drive) or adjustable coilovers such as Fox, Icon and King.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #15
Lone Star Club
whahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jimbob
whahahajr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
but if made this... is necessary install (2) spacers in front?
Yes just make sure you lock tight the top one only. If that does not work tighten the tortion bars all the way up. You need the lower one to flex some. Your stock rims won't fit with factory offset so you'll flip them. Which means you'll have to get a tpms flip kit.

Oh and not serious. Our trucks dont have torsion bars. Are you?
Old 04-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #16
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whahahajr View Post
Yes just make sure you lock tight the top one only. If that does not work tighten the tortion bars all the way up. You need the lower one to flex some. Your stock rims won't fit with factory offset so you'll flip them. Which means you'll have to get a tpms flip kit.

Oh and not serious. Our trucks dont have torsion bars. Are you?
2nd gens don't. The old pickups and I think the t100 had torsion bars.