1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Newbie with Suspension Question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by simadownow6988, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Apr 25, 2013 at 8:33 PM
    simadownow6988

simadownow6988 [OP] New Member

Member:
    NW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DC TRD OR
    Hey guys! My name is Jon and Im a proud owner of a 2013 Tacoma DC TRD Off road.
    I am planning on lifting my Tacoma and had a question. I am wanting to run a 33 (285/65/18) with a 18" wheel and all of my research points me toward a 3" in front and 1-2" in back. The only thing I cant understand is what kind of lift will suit my needs. My truck will mostly be on road with very minor off roading if any. I do want the best ride possible though since I drive long distances at times.
    Do I go with a spacer kit or a full coilover kit? It seems like theres tons of options out there. I want something dependable and that will last a long time. I read something about new upper control arms. Do I need them?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Jon

2. Apr 25, 2013 at 9:59 PM
    Erik65

Erik65 Dog slave

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Oxford, MA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Timberland Mica TX Pro DC
    Stainless exhaust, 16" TRD wheels, 285x75x16 MTR Kevlars, Icon Stage IV, Icon Secondary shock hoop with adjustable remote reservoir bypass shocks, ATO shackle flip kit, AP U-bolt flip, AP Skids (IFS, transmission, T-case, diff cover)
    Hey Jon,
    You've come to the right place--lots of experienced people here. I personally decided to go with a set up from Icon as opposed to a spacer--mostly because I don't like the thought of pre loading my suspension components. Super Duty HQ or Downsouth Motorsports have good people who can guide you to a setup that will meet your wants too. Welcome and post some truck pics!

3. Apr 26, 2013 at 8:41 AM
    simadownow6988

simadownow6988 [OP] New Member

Member:
    NW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DC TRD OR
    Thanks for the reply.
    I looked up the Icon lift and was blown away by the prices. Its way more than I can afford. I was looking at the bilstein with blocks option, but dont know much about them. Im on a moderate budget.

4. Apr 27, 2013 at 2:07 PM
    CowboyTaco

CowboyTaco $20 is $20

Member:
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport
    cheaper adjustable coilover suspension that is popular is the Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit (ULK) with an add-a-leaf (AAL) in the rear.

Another option is the OME lift kit. There's lots of information on this site regarding this information, and TONS of pics to get an idea.

Also, use the tire calculator to see how the overall diameter of your setup compares to more common 16" and 17" sizes.

Products Discussed in

To Top