07 Tacoma can't hold the weight

Old 02-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #1
07La
DLPerry432la is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
DLPerry432la's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to DLPerry432la
Angry 07 Tacoma can't hold the weight

I ride dirt bikes a lot. If I load (2) dirt bikes in the back of my Tacoma, the suspension is maxed out and the leaf springs are inverted. There is about 1" clearance on the stops at that point.

I was thinking of possibly putting a lift kit on the truck. Any suggestions?

I also haul a trailer with a Sand rail and another motorcycle sometimes... That sets me pretty much about ˝" clearance or completely on the stops.

And by the way, my tailgate folded up in the middle from (2) rear tires of 230 pound bikes sitting on it. Never happened on any of my previous trucks.

This is supposed to be a truck... Need help..

DLP
Old 02-18-2009, 02:36 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to Tacoma World.

An AAL will help out the rear suspension.
In defense if the tailgate, I think it says somewhere not to put more than 200# on it........I may be wrong.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:53 PM   #3
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of bikes, I haul 2 in mine with no problems. If you are in the warrenty look into the suspension TSB. If you are out of warrenty go with the add a leaf as suggested above.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #4
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
There are TSBs for both heavier rear leaf springs and for the bent tailgates. Go to your dealer and explain your problem and tell them you want them done. An AAL will help the rear end too as chris stated. I haul all kinds of stuff and mine is fine now.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:55 PM   #5
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
In defense if the tailgate, I think it says somewhere not to put more than 200# on it........I may be wrong.
Great now I will be self consious of sitting on the tailgate. Like I wasn't bothered about my weight to begin with hehehehe , Thanks Chris !!!
Old 02-18-2009, 03:03 PM   #6
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
Great now I will be self consious of sitting on the tailgate. Like I wasn't bothered about my weight to begin with hehehehe , Thanks Chris !!!
Dont worry. I have had 3 guys sitting on my tailgate with no issues.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:07 PM   #7
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Dont worry. I have had 3 guys sitting on my tailgate with no issues.

why do you have 3 guys sitting on your tailgate?
Old 02-18-2009, 03:08 PM   #8
07La
Jester, I have a 1990 CR 250 and a 2000 YZ 250. The rear tires sit on the tailgate. To be honest it was my Harley that bent the tailgate. At the rear wheel it weighs around 375. But now the damn thing bends at will.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:11 PM   #10
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TSB stands for Technical Service Bulletin. Manufacturers put them out to help dealers diagnose and fix complaints owners may have about their vehicle.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:12 PM   #11
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPerry432la View Post
OK I know what aal is, but TSB?
Technical Service Bulletin there is a link for it on here let me look for it.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:13 PM   #12

Here: Rear suspension TSB updated
Old 02-18-2009, 03:21 PM   #14
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote:
I just was looking at a Lift kit from Toytec Lifts...
http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=53

the only bummer is getting the bikes up the ramp by myself after the lift... It is already a bit difficult.
get a small folding step ladder:
Old 02-18-2009, 03:39 PM   #16
07La
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
get a small folding step ladder:
KInda hard to roll the bike up a ramp standing on a ladder... Nice try though...
Old 02-18-2009, 03:55 PM   #17

HERE is the complete list of TSBs for the newer Tacomas
Old 02-18-2009, 03:56 PM   #18
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote:
KInda hard to roll the bike up a ramp standing on a ladder... Nice try though...

Really? I have been doing that for years, but hey what do I know?
Old 02-18-2009, 05:11 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
why do you have 3 guys sitting on your tailgate?
Saftey meeting on a job site. They had no place to sit. You know.....Construction workers cant get dirty.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:15 PM   #20
The Not So New guy
ComaTosin has a spectacular aura aboutComaTosin has a spectacular aura aboutComaTosin has a spectacular aura about

Name: Drew
ComaTosin's Tacoma Gallery
if you are looking for lift and more hauling capacity you might look into the OME Dakar Leaf springs and N182 shocks to go with it. 2.25-2.75" lift in the rear. Might serve you better than the aal - or you could get the tsb done for free and see how you like that before dropping $ on new stuff.
i also haul dirtbikes and "stuff" and am disappointed in the rear springs. I have a 2" block out back only making the springs flatter when loaded.........
good luck.