Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear Spring leaf TSB

Old 02-18-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
Bolo is on a distinguished road
Bolo's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Spring leaf TSB

So I was using my truck to transport a lot of wood the other day and my rear suspension was utterly bad. I'm thinking about calling the dealership about the T-SB-0305-08. When I do bring it in, do i need some proof of the bad ride while driving with a load? I have a 2007 and I'm still under warranty so I want to get this done now. Do i need evidence or will they just take my word for it?
Old 02-18-2009, 01:58 PM   #2
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Every other thread someone will tell you something different. Some folks walked in a said the magic words and got the work done with out question- Some folks had to fight with their dealerships about it.

Take it in to your dealership of choice and talk to them. Be polite and reasonable-Don't play games or be a dick and work with what they tell you. They might ask for some proof...if they do...give it to them or call corporate or whatever from there.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:00 PM   #3
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
There are a few threads on here where people tell their experiences about the proof they needed to show.

I didn't have to prove anything. I took a copy of the TSB in and said, "I want this TSB performed."
Old 02-18-2009, 07:40 PM   #4
Bolo is on a distinguished road
Bolo's Tacoma Gallery
hmm...ok. I found the other links regarding this issue. I just received my 5100s (front only) and I'm wondering if I need to have the tsb done prior to installing them. Would it matter?
Old 02-18-2009, 07:45 PM   #5
Sandfire will become famous soon enough

Sandfire's Tacoma Gallery
It all depends on your dealership and the way you present it. I am taking my truck in at 0930 in the morning for the rear TSB. Mine is an 06 with close to 60K on it. I do have the platinum extended warranty. So far I've heard of no one thats been able to get it done after the 3yr/36k warranty is out though!
Old 02-19-2009, 04:53 AM   #6
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
I called my dealership and told them about my "harsh" ride while loaded. They ordered the parts and didn't make me prove anything.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:10 AM   #7
tossed salad anyone?
jasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nice

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillynwv View Post
I called my dealership and told them about my "harsh" ride while loaded. They ordered the parts and didn't make me prove anything.

same for me, but i have heard some people having trouble at the same dealer ship i went to. i would just be as polite as possible.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:46 AM   #8
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
I called Toyota @ 1.800.331.4331 and told them of my complaint and TSB for rear spring and got a case #. I called my dealership told them what was happening, gave the case number and they ordered the parts and did it. I didn't have to prove anything.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:17 PM   #9
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
whitebread's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW, I called the 800 number, got a case number, they sent the info to the dealer and got me an appointment. The dealer told me to come back with the truck loaded so they could validate the problem. They said Toyota requires proof...you can't just go in and say "I want this TSB performed." They went on to tell me that this is the same at all dealerships.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:21 PM   #10
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah.....the first place to get to use my reference thread without typing it all out again........
Read this....then come back and let us know what you think..........

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-leaf-tsb.html
Old 02-21-2009, 04:22 PM   #11
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebread View Post
FWIW, I called the 800 number, got a case number, they sent the info to the dealer and got me an appointment. The dealer told me to come back with the truck loaded so they could validate the problem. They said Toyota requires proof...you can't just go in and say "I want this TSB performed." They went on to tell me that this is the same at all dealerships.
The dealer LIED!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2009, 04:29 PM   #12
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
whitebread's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
The dealer LIED!!!!!!!!!
I highly suspected that...but what can I do? On the thread that lists dealerships that have done the TSB, the other dealer in my area has some posts about telling people flat out 'no.'
Old 02-21-2009, 04:39 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebread View Post
I highly suspected that...but what can I do? On the thread that lists dealerships that have done the TSB, the other dealer in my area has some posts about telling people flat out 'no.'
You kindly and stearnly sit in the service managers office and look him straight in the eyes and say that you have a 'Harsh Ride' and this is a 'customer complaint generated TSB' and it needs to be done. He has no grounds to refuse this service to you. It may be a battle, but you can win.
If he still refuses, you kindly ask to speak to his boss, which may be the owner.

If he says no then you tell him if you walk out with his final word as no, then you will contact Toyota customer service and corporate for further actions while your truck sits out front just off his property, with a sign saying this dealership refuses to do Toyota approved warranty work.

Their are some other options as others will chime in behind me.