LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

885x and billies, hub to fender measurements.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #21
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hualampeter View Post
you might need to use a jack to give you room to install your shocks. I had to use it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceline08 View Post
I tried that also. No luck

Brett
Between the wheel well & UCA?
First time I did mine I pried the UCA down with a pry bar.
When I added spacers I used the jack, so much easier that way.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #22
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Between the wheel well & UCA?
First time I did mine I pried the UCA down with a pry bar.
When I added spacers I used the jack, so much easier that way.
I'm not sure I understand? The TC UCA's was maxed out to the point where it would hit the coil when I was trying to install these, the lower control arm was disconnected from the ball joint and it would not go any lower, about a half inch is all I needed.
I'm still asking for hub to fender measurements for the 885 and billy setup? I've got great advice and I appreciate it but in would like to know that you guys are running? No top plate? Yes top plate? Taco lean spacer too? Etc.
I've had 2 responses with measurements thank you.
Thanks fellow TW members,

Brett
Old 04-29-2013, 01:59 AM   #23
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

With UCA & LCA still attached place bottle jack upside down between wheel well & UCA. This will push LCA down far enough to fit the shock in place.
The two that did give you measurements were running 885s on OME (like I am) not billies.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:35 AM   #24
Skunkman has a spectacular aura aboutSkunkman has a spectacular aura about

Army:
Skunkman's Tacoma Gallery
I just did this last week and might be able to help. I was running 5100's set at 2.5 " and they gave me exactly that much over stock on my 4 cyl. AC with stock coils. We put new 5100's on set at 0" and 885 X's along with the Wheelers 1/2" top plate and a 1/4" Taco Lean spacer on the drivers side. I also used Wheelers new Poly. Isolators when assembling the coils and new Top Hats,those isolaters are pretty thick. The drivers side was a bastard to get in,the mechanic that did it called and wanted to make sure it was correct,and finally got it assembled after a struggle. The Passenger side went in much more easily. When it came off the lift we drove it around for maybe 10 miles before measuring ,to let everything settle. Both sides have the exact same measurements, at 3.5 " above stock right now, I believe it is 23.5" but will double check later. I am hoping the isolaters will compress some, and it will settle to a true 3 " when done. Everything clears at this time, no bumps or rattles, and it drives way better than I could have hoped for, after reading some of the stories when people do this lift,seems like every truck takes it differently. Going to run it for a week, get it aligned,and the decide how quickly to get some UCA's depending on the alignment numbers. I will get the exact measurements today and post them. Hope this helps.

I didn't see you wanted the measurement without the spacer, till now. Mine is still at 23.5 on both sides after a few hundred miles,doesn't appear to be settling much, but this measurement is with the top plate spacer installed.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #25
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkman View Post
I just did this last week and might be able to help. I was running 5100's set at 2.5 " and they gave me exactly that much over stock on my 4 cyl. AC with stock coils. We put new 5100's on set at 0" and 885 X's along with the Wheelers 1/2" top plate and a 1/4" Taco Lean spacer on the drivers side. I also used Wheelers new Poly. Isolators when assembling the coils and new Top Hats,those isolaters are pretty thick. The drivers side was a bastard to get in,the mechanic that did it called and wanted to make sure it was correct,and finally got it assembled after a struggle. The Passenger side went in much more easily. When it came off the lift we drove it around for maybe 10 miles before measuring ,to let everything settle. Both sides have the exact same measurements, at 3.5 " above stock right now, I believe it is 23.5" but will double check later. I am hoping the isolaters will compress some, and it will settle to a true 3 " when done. Everything clears at this time, no bumps or rattles, and it drives way better than I could have hoped for, after reading some of the stories when people do this lift,seems like every truck takes it differently. Going to run it for a week, get it aligned,and the decide how quickly to get some UCA's depending on the alignment numbers. I will get the exact measurements today and post them. Hope this helps.

I didn't see you wanted the measurement without the spacer, till now. Mine is still at 23.5 on both sides after a few hundred miles,doesn't appear to be settling much, but this measurement is with the top plate spacer installed.
Thank you. I want this height, right now with the crappy revtek I'm at 22.5 on drivers side and 23.5 on the passenger . Guess it doesn't really matter to me if I'm on the 22.5 or the 23.5 side ( height lifted with 885 ) I just don't want it any lower. Even would be nice also .

Thanks,

Brett
Old 04-30-2013, 09:50 PM   #26

Quote:
With UCA & LCA still attached place bottle jack upside down between wheel well & UCA. This will push LCA down far enough to fit the shock in place.
The two that did give you measurements were running 885s on OME (like I am) not billies.
Great idea, did you try the install before you used the bottle jack meathod? I jumped and pushed down as much as I could on the lca and didn't get much of anything. If so do you remember how much in inches you might have gained? One inch? 0.5 inch?

Thank you,

Brett
Old 05-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #27
Longtime Toyman

When I first saw & helped install some the guy that's done it many times did the pry method. and that's how I did it the first time. It was a pain but it worked.
Read on here about the jack method, so when I added 1/4" spacers to mine I used the jack method.
Don't know how much it moved it, but I was just turning the jack by hand (no crank) and got plenty of room. Mine wouldn't even go into the cup until I put the jack on it. So much easier this way!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #28

Quote:
When I first saw & helped install some the guy that's done it many times did the pry method. and that's how I did it the first time. It was a pain but it worked.
Read on here about the jack method, so when I added 1/4" spacers to mine I used the jack method.
Don't know how much it moved it, but I was just turning the jack by hand (no crank) and got plenty of room. Mine wouldn't even go into the cup until I put the jack on it. So much easier this way!
Thank you sir, ill try that for sure. I'm going to look into the jack method also. I just want to get as much info as I can so I can knock this out and get it done. It's been haunting me for a week now.

Thanks again,

Brett