Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

885x and billies, hub to fender measurements.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #1
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
885x and billies, hub to fender measurements.

Ok everyone I need your help, today I tried to install my 885x and billies set a 0 with the top plate spacer and it wouldn't fit. The whole assembly was too long , I couldn't get the bottom shock bolt in the shock on the lca, I tried and banged etc. had my bro to help and we just couldn't do it.
I want to run the top plate spacer and the spacer for the taco lean but I'm curious of what you guys run. I'm currently at drivers side front at 22.5 inches and on the passenger side 23.5 inches. ( I put the stock shocks and springs back on with the revtek spacer. Bought it that way )
If I took the spacer off the assembly would fit I believe but it was getting late and I still had to do the passenger side. Any help would be great.
I would like to see fellow TW members measurements hub to fender without the top plate spacer.

Thanks,

Brett
Old 04-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Im at 23" hub to fender up front with 885s and OME shocks. Can you elaborate on how they didn't fit? I am guesing you did not loosen the LCA bolts, what method did you use? Remove spindle from UCA and move sway bar? Did you have the eye of the shock in place but just couldnt get the bolt thru? If thats the case wedge something under the eye and pry the shock up until you can push the bolt through
Old 04-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I'm at 22 1/2 with 885x , OME shocks , no top plate spacer on my DCLB 4X4
Old 04-27-2013, 08:08 PM   #4
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Im at 23" hub to fender up front with 885s and OME shocks. Can you elaborate on how they didn't fit? I am guesing you did not loosen the LCA bolts, what method did you use? Remove spindle from UCA and move sway bar? Did you have the eye of the shock in place but just couldnt get the bolt thru? If thats the case wedge something under the eye and pry the shock up until you can push the bolt through
I did the install meathod to the tee of the sticky on the 2nd gen ome lift here on TW . Sway bar removed,lca bolts removed. I didn't do the UCA cause I thought it wasn't nessary.? And I don't want to get a alignment again, but if it is them I will. The shock eye was lined up but just couldn't get the bolt in, I wedged and pryed etc.

Thanks,

Brett
Old 04-27-2013, 08:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I'm at 22 1/2 with 885x , OME shocks , no top plate spacer on my DCLB 4X4
Thanks, Oz . Well if your at 22.5 with no spacer then it really wouldn't matter if I ran the top plate spacers cause that's what I'm measuring on the drivers side.
You 22.5 on both sides? Was thinking I could run the 1/4 inch spacer for taco lean on the driver side and no spacer on the passenger side. Are you using the spring isolators between the spring and the top plate? My crappy revtek didn't have those cause the spacer has cut outs for the top plate studs. I have the isolators now which I was not aware of that I needed to protect the studs.

Thanks,

Brett
Old 04-27-2013, 08:22 PM   #6
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 5mm OME trim packer on the driver's side for taco lean , yes I'm the same height both sides
Old 04-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #7
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
If you mod your suspension at all I would recommend an alignment.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #8

Quote:
I have the 5mm OME trim packer on the driver's side for taco lean , yes I'm the same height both sides
Thanks Oz ! Gotcha, do you have the isolators?

Thanks,

Brett
Old 04-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceline08 View Post
Thanks Oz ! Gotcha, do you have the isolators?

Thanks,

Brett
Not sure what you mean by isolators , you mean the rubber ring above the coil ?
Old 04-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #10
hualampeter has a spectacular aura abouthualampeter has a spectacular aura about

Marines:
Name: Peter
hualampeter's Tacoma Gallery
you might need to use a jack to give you room to install your shocks. I had to use it.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by isolators , you mean the rubber ring above the coil ?
Yes sir. Do you have that?

Brett
Old 04-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes sir. Do you have that?

Brett
Yes
Old 04-27-2013, 08:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hualampeter View Post
you might need to use a jack to give you room to install your shocks. I had to use it.
I tried that also. No luck

Brett
Old 04-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #14

Quote:
Yes
Perfect, now I know what I have to do!

Thanks,

Brett
Old 04-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #15

Oh ya, the spring compressor I borrowed from o Riley auto parts was a bitch. Crank crank crank, damn my hands hurt. Those things are dangerous for sure, but worked.

Brett
Old 04-27-2013, 10:19 PM   #17

Ill post when done

Brett
Old 04-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #19
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh ya, the spring compressor I borrowed from o Riley auto parts was a bitch. Crank crank crank, damn my hands hurt. Those things are dangerous for sure, but worked.

Brett
That was how I put 886's on my 5100's... Talk about scary!!

I had to push the LCA down as far as I could get it to go to get the 5100's to fit. Was a pain but it worked.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:29 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
That was how I put 886's on my 5100's... Talk about scary!!

I had to push the LCA down as far as I could get it to go to get the 5100's to fit. Was a pain but it worked.
Ya it's a pain in the a$$! Did you run top plate spacers? I pushed the lcas down as far as I could and couldn't get the shock to match where it bolts too. Damn.

Thanks,

Brett