1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift kit help

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 04toco, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Apr 28, 2013 at 11:00 AM
    04toco

04toco [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner TRD Doublecab
    Dual flowmaster exhaust, tinted windows, 3 inch lift, kobalt tool box, Westin light bar, satoshi grill, painted parts everywhere K&N intake
    I'm looking for a lift kit for my 04 prerunner that adds about 3-5 inches to it. I really do not know which way to go. I would like to lift the suspension but that seems really pricey and I keep seeing that just lifting the body just lets you get bigger tires without much improvement in performance. I mainly am just doing it for the look but I do want to go offroading. I've also heard of some people doing leveling/body kit combos that is almost like doing a full suspension kit at a lower price. I've also seen many tacomas with the Bilstein 5100's. Does that actually lift your truck? Or do you need that with an additional lift kit because that is something I could afford. There are so many different options and I'm not sure which way to go. Thank you for anybody who can dumb it down for me!

2. Apr 28, 2013 at 11:01 AM
    ntilehman

ntilehman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner Off Road
    Rock Sliders Front Light Bar +1.5" Front Arms with Ext. Kings
    5100's lift your truck. Try and use the search function on here. This has been more than beaten to death.

Products Discussed in

To Top