Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

difference between OME leaf springs cso45r and cso47

Old 04-30-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
Marks fucking mechanic
Mudsaucecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudsaucecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudsaucecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudsaucecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudsaucecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudsaucecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudsaucecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudsaucecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudsaucecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudsaucecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudsaucecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
Mudsaucecoma's Tacoma Gallery

Hello. I've seen two different kinds of leaf springs for my 06 taco and ran Into one hell of a deal on some of the cso45r springs but can not find any info on them other than that they fit the hilux. I don't mind getting the cso47's but if the 45r's will work ill use thoes. And if they will work. Is there any difference between the two. (Pros and cons)

Thanks.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The CSO47 springs are for the 2005-13 Tacomas , never heard of the Hilux ones fitting on a Tacoma
Old 05-01-2013, 05:59 AM   #3
Marks fucking mechanic
Mudsaucecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudsaucecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudsaucecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudsaucecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudsaucecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudsaucecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudsaucecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudsaucecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudsaucecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudsaucecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudsaucecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
The CSO47 springs are for the 2005-13 Tacomas , never heard of the Hilux ones fitting on a Tacoma
I was thinking so. But there is no info out anywhere that I can find about the 45r's. I even e mailed arb and didn't get a reply back.

I forgot to say that the 45r's are listed as 05-09 hilux/pickup
Old 05-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #4
splitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of light

splitbolt's Tacoma Gallery
CS043R:1/2" light load
CS043R-15: 0" light load
CS044R:1-3/4" light load
CS045R:1-3/4" heavy constant load

I found the above description at this link:
http://4x4.fatbobsgarage.com/toyota-...009-p8798.aspx
Use the "next product>" & "<previous product" to scroll through the other models.

Here's a little bit of tech info on the CS045R:
http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/ind..._detail&p=1365
You can search the other models if you want there, too.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #5
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitbolt View Post

Use the "next product>" & "<previous product" to scroll through the other models.

The tech info link shows 2 different eye diameters , front and back , 20 and 30mm

Pretty certain Tacoma's are 40 mm

http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/ind..._detail&p=1368
Old 05-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #6
splitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
The tech info link shows 2 different eye diameters , front and back , 20 and 30mm

I saw that; 40mm front/30mm rear. I wonder if that's a Toyota or OME thing.
I noticed the Bob's Garage site says; "Required for Installation-(2) Spring Bushing Kit, (4) U-bolt, Greasable Shackle Kit" and "Vehicle Application:
2005-2009 Toyota Hilux, 2005-2009 Toyota Pickup".
I wonder if the shackle kit is required because the 30mm bushing is a OME thing.
I emailed Bob's to see about Tacomas.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #7
Marks fucking mechanic

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
I saw that; 40mm front/30mm rear. I wonder if that's a Toyota or OME thing.
I noticed the Bob's Garage site says; "Required for Installation-(2) Spring Bushing Kit, (4) U-bolt, Greasable Shackle Kit" and "Vehicle Application:
2005-2009 Toyota Hilux, 2005-2009 Toyota Pickup".
I wonder if the shackle kit is required because the 30mm bushing is a OME thing.
I emailed Bob's to see about Tacomas.
Thanks guys!. I did find the sierra expeditions site today but did not go any further after I found the 45r's on it. ill do some more digging. and possibly talk to Bob as well.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:35 PM   #8
pbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura about

Name: Colton
pbcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Bumping this. Did you find anymore information about using a set of Dakars other than the normally specified CSO47R?

It seems like a set of leafs designed for less constant weight might be better than taking a leaf out of the CSO47R's.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I thought it was established that the eyes don't jive
Old 09-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #10
pbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura about

pbcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I thought it was established that the eyes don't jive
Is that something that a different shackle would fix? The fronts are the same right?
Old 09-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #11

Quote:

I'm seeing 40mm front/30mm rear.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery

Quote:
Still doesn't jive

Tacoma's are 40 / 40 , no ?
Old 09-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #13

pbcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Still doesn't jive

Tacoma's are 40 / 40 , no ?
I think you're right that tacos are 40/40, but if OME has a 30mm shackle then might it work?
Old 09-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Why are people trying so hard to make Dakars designed for a Hilux fit on a Tacoma instead of just using the Dakars designed to fit on the Tacoma

This is my question
Old 09-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #15

Quote:
Why are people trying so hard to make Dakars designed for a Hilux fit on a Tacoma instead of just using the Dakars designed to fit on the Tacoma

This is my question
Options;
CS043R: 1/2" light load
CS044R: 1-3/4" light load
CS045R: 1-3/4" heavy constant load

I would have liked 0-1/2".

Tacoma offerings are taller and stiffer.
-CS047R w/ 3rd leaf removed is 1.75" light load
-CS047R is 2.25" medium load
-CS047R w/ D29XL is 3" heavy load
Old 09-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #16

pbcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Options;

Bingo.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Options;

Why not get the Wheelers HD leaf packs if you want minimal lift ?
Old 09-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Besides the difference in eye diameters , has it been established that the rest of the dimensions are the same ?

ie : eye to eye , location of centre pin ?
Old 09-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #19

pbcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why not get the Wheelers HD leaf packs if you want minimal lift ?
To get rid of the POS Toyota leafs alltogether and not spend $6-700 on custom Alcans.

Quote:
Besides the difference in eye diameters , has it been established that the rest of the dimensions are the same ?

ie : eye to eye , location of centre pin ?
Nope. Good points.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #20
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think the wheelers leaf springs are $700. I beleive they sell the alcans which are a bit pricey. But the wheelers leaf springs come with either the 4 leafs or 5 leafs. I beleive the wheelers 4 and 5 packs are roughly $450