LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Tracktion bars?

Old 02-19-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Bunch-O-Bullshit
Bearskill's Tacoma Gallery
Tracktion bars?

If I have pre TSB leaf springs and the Toytec "long" AAL, and some shocks that fit my lift, Can I add the Pro Comp Traction bars with out a prob. Will it change how my rear end flexes? With the traction bars, as the axel drops, wont the traction bars bring the axel forward a bit? Do I need more componants other than the bars and mount plates? Please PM me!!!
Old 02-19-2009, 09:27 AM   #3
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Traction bars used with leaf springs, when made properly, will allow fore and aft movement.

I'm curious to your know the need for them as well.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:28 AM   #4
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Why do you think you need a traction bar?
Well, If his is anything like mine, there is a horrible amount or wheel hop off road when you spin tires......
Old 02-19-2009, 09:37 AM   #5
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well, in the last couple months I keep feeling, at slowing down to a stop and starting from a stop, a clunk. It's gental, But I can't figure out if my brakes are not appying and disingageing at the same time, or, I am getting axle wrap, or if the auto tranny is shifting realy hard. As chris4x4 suggested I inspeckted my drive shaft and U joints. They are all solid and good to go. So that still leaves me with Tranny, diff, the brake theory, or the axle wrap goinig on. The way it feels, I think it is ether shifting hard or the axle wrap thats going on. I don't beat on my truck at all. I havn't off roaded it hardly at all. I have done a couple of burn outs, but thats about it. The dealer I bought the truck from is a pain in the ass and don't realy want to go to them, but they are the only "Lithia" around. Any Ideas?
Old 02-19-2009, 09:45 AM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearskill View Post
Well, in the last couple months I keep feeling, at slowing down to a stop and starting from a stop, a clunk. It's gental, But I can't figure out if my brakes are not appying and disingageing at the same time, or, I am getting axle wrap, or if the auto tranny is shifting realy hard. As chris4x4 suggested I inspeckted my drive shaft and U joints. They are all solid and good to go. So that still leaves me with Tranny, diff, the brake theory, or the axle wrap goinig on. The way it feels, I think it is ether shifting hard or the axle wrap thats going on. I don't beat on my truck at all. I havn't off roaded it hardly at all. I have done a couple of burn outs, but thats about it. The dealer I bought the truck from is a pain in the ass and don't realy want to go to them, but they are the only "Lithia" around. Any Ideas?
Another thing to do...is put the truck in Park (or in gear), crawl under the truck and rotate the driveshaft by hand (clockwise or CCW). Do you get any movement out of it? How much? That clunk could be slop in the drivetrain/gears. In combination with a little bit of axle wrap, can give you an even bigger clunking feeling.

If the driveline is pretty tight.... then I'd suspect you have Axle wrap.

My 07 shifts hard - it's pretty normal. You could request the dealer check the tranny fluid, but be forwarned, they'd need the truck overnight. The tranny fluid needs to be COLD when they test it (atleast, that's what they told me).

I'm pretty positive this has nothing to do with brakes.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:03 AM   #7

Ya, the drive line thing I did. Just like you said. I had it in park, crawed under and tride to turn, shake, move up, down side to side. No movement except from the carrier barring seal, wich is normal. only about a 1/2 of play. I wish we as owners could check the tranny fluid. This is the first vehical I had that doesn't had a tranny fluid dip stick. Should I just pay for the tranny/diff 30k service? They want $399 for it here in Cali. Im at 34K. I have done every thing my self except the tranny/diff service.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:10 AM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearskill View Post
only about a 1/2 of play.
What do you mean by 1/2 play - in what?

YOu have an Auto - no tranny oil service until 100k miles (so they say).

Diff service you can do yourself - either by checking the fluid level or changing the fluid out completely. Search this forum, there's instructions on how to do that somewhere. Just make sure you know exactly what type of fluid you'd need (for the LSD if you have one).