1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is it true about the suspension lift?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ahigginsdeca, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Sep 1, 2007 at 11:16 AM
    ahigginsdeca

ahigginsdeca [OP] Higgins

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD shortbed
    3" Revtek Suspension Lift with a rear aal, 285/70/17 Pro Comp Xtreme M/T & Pro Comp Extreme Alloy 7189 wheels, magna flow exhaust, CB with dual antennas, AFE Cold Air Intake, CB Radio with dual antennas and a bull horn
    I seem to be getting lots of wrong info. from 4 wheel parts lately and I wanted to know if what they told me last was true... I went in and got an estimate for a 3" suspension lift with 33s and some cheap black wheels and the gentlemen told me that the only suspension lift available for the tacoma was the 6" pro comp. I just wanted to know if there was a 3" suspension lift kit for a 2008 tacoma. Can anyone help and if so, where can I get the lift?

2. Sep 1, 2007 at 11:49 AM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    That doesn't sound right at all. A lot of the parts stores are slow to receive updated info from the part manufacturers on what new models will accept what parts. That might be the case here. If you go here (autoanything) and choose Tacoma in the make list for lift kits, it'll show only up to 06 models. But email or call them and they'll tell you exactly what fits the 07 and the 08 as well.

3. Sep 1, 2007 at 11:59 AM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    The only thing wrong was that you went to 4 Wheel Parts. Those people don't know their left from their right. There are quite a few options for the 2nd gen Tacos. Just browse the suspension forum and you'll get an idea.

4. Sep 1, 2007 at 12:17 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    Exactly. They don't seem to know much at all. If you know what you're looking for you can go to them to get it, just don't ask any questions. There is quite a bit out there. Revtek, AllPro, OME, Donahoe, Sway-A-Away and alot more.

5. Sep 1, 2007 at 7:08 PM
    ahigginsdeca

ahigginsdeca [OP] Higgins

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD shortbed
    3" Revtek Suspension Lift with a rear aal, 285/70/17 Pro Comp Xtreme M/T & Pro Comp Extreme Alloy 7189 wheels, magna flow exhaust, CB with dual antennas, AFE Cold Air Intake, CB Radio with dual antennas and a bull horn
    I'll look around and I'll stop asking 4 wheel parts about anything. Thanks everyone!

6. Sep 2, 2007 at 1:24 PM
    XxMalfunktionxX

XxMalfunktionxX Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 TRD SPORT SR5 Double Cab
    K&N Drop in, Bilstein 5100's in front with Readylift kit on top for a 3 in. lift in the front and a 1 in. block in the rear. Next project is going to be TRD Supercharger and Camburg coilover long travel system with custom skid plate and tubes. Maybe some new tires and wheels then..
    Ya isnt there a 3" Susp. from Toytec? Im looking for a suspension setup that will give me my "prerunner" stance ..I just am not a fan of level or the snow plow look..nothing bad to say..just not my cup of tea..id rather have a pre runner look..

7. Sep 2, 2007 at 9:18 PM
    reid

reid Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 V6 Access Cab
    Magna Flow stainless cat-back, 3" Toytec Lift, 32" Mickey Thompsons
    Make sure you are not looking at spacer kits and calling them suspension lifts, because they are not.

8. Sep 3, 2007 at 10:54 AM
    XxMalfunktionxX

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    K&N Drop in, Bilstein 5100's in front with Readylift kit on top for a 3 in. lift in the front and a 1 in. block in the rear. Next project is going to be TRD Supercharger and Camburg coilover long travel system with custom skid plate and tubes. Maybe some new tires and wheels then..
    Spacer kits only give 2.5 inches in front if I am correct..for suspension..i would assume that i would have to go with some coilovers..which I saw on Toytecs site..

9. Sep 3, 2007 at 12:23 PM
    reid

reid Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 V6 Access Cab
    You can buy a 3" spacer kit. I have one from Toytec. But you are right, a suspension lift would involve adding to the suspension not just the height, like new coils or struts.

10. Sep 3, 2007 at 12:56 PM
    XxMalfunktionxX

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    Is it possible to add spacers and coilovers? for extra lift and clearance? that would be cool..then I would lift the rear with an add a lear or something..that would yield more lift for bigger tires and wheels

11. Sep 3, 2007 at 1:02 PM
    reid

reid Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 V6 Access Cab
    No, definatelly not. The toytec has info on that on their FAQ area. Spacers cannot be combined with any other lift unless it is a body lift.

Sounds like you really want the biggest tires possible. I would by the ProComp 6"basic kit. I heard it was about 1200.00 and you can go with 35" tires. There is a bit of cutting but no welding. Someone did a DIY report on it recently. Worth checking it out.

12. Sep 3, 2007 at 5:05 PM
    XxMalfunktionxX

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    Ya i will have to check it out..although...I will be totally satisfied with a 3" Front lift/Tire/Wheel Setup..If I go 6'' thats gonna really bog me down..I will definatley have to re gear ..to make up for the 35's and all the lift..I dont think I really wanna give up that much loss of power..

13. Oct 7, 2007 at 9:20 AM
    Redroadrider

Redroadrider Well-Known Member

Member:
    Massachusetts

Products Discussed in

To Top