Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

C/o ?

Old 02-19-2009, 12:58 PM   #1
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
C/o ?

I just my C/O's from toytec, and was wondering what they are pre-set at? I have the 1st. gens. and dont know where they are at and how much to crank them. Help appreciated!
Old 02-19-2009, 06:25 PM   #6
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Hey! I just got done installing my C/O's and I got 1-1/4" of thread showing and It gave me almost a 1-1/2 over 3 inches of lift. So total of 4 1/2 inches. I drove it around my field for a little and then measured again. I was wondering if I should just crank them down so I have a little over 3 inches of lift and then wait to see if they settle and then crank them up if need be, or what?
Old 02-19-2009, 06:34 PM   #8
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
Hey! I just got done installing my C/O's and I got 1-1/4" of thread showing and It gave me almost a 1-1/2 over 3 inches of lift. So total of 4 1/2 inches. I drove it around my field for a little and then measured again. I was wondering if I should just crank them down so I have a little over 3 inches of lift and then wait to see if they settle and then crank them up if need be, or what?
yes. Crank them down. Either that or buy new CVs when your current ones wear out...
Old 02-19-2009, 06:35 PM   #9
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
You dont wanna run a 4.5 inch lift on your 4x4, your CV angle will tear the boots quick
Old 02-19-2009, 06:40 PM   #10

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, I know. Im just ganna crank them down till I get down to 3". Toytec told me that they are set at 2-1/2" but it was more like 3-1/4" I just dont get it!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 01:23 PM   #11

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Well I finally got them done! Crank them down alot! I got only a 1/2" of thread showing, before I had 1-1/4" So Its back at where I was, with a 3" spacer. And I'll keep checking it to see if they sag.

Next weekend Im ganna be doing my UCA's! then my suspension is done and complete! FINALLY
Old 02-20-2009, 01:35 PM   #12
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
damn... I would have waited to do the C/Os at the same time as UCAs......

but congrats on gettin' them in and adjusted
Old 02-20-2009, 01:44 PM   #13

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I thaught about it. But my alignment is ok right now, its not too far off. So I can wait a week to get them in. Its actually on my dads buddy's schedule, whos a machanic and is ganna help me with it.