1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5100's question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by knotty, May 4, 2013.

1. May 4, 2013 at 9:29 AM
    knotty

knotty [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    milwaukie, oregon
    he all i have a 06 dbl cab taco and i have the 5100 shocks on the front and rear and i am at the highest setting but i am also running a arb front bumper that adds about 100lbs i want to get another 2 inches of lift what would be the best cheapest way to get this ? i also know if i replace my arb bumper with a stock bumper it would rase the truck a little bit because of the weight . so could i run some spacers just to get the height that i am missing having the arb on the truck ?

2. May 4, 2013 at 9:44 AM
    Hoyal

Hoyal Whiskey bent and hell bound.

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    N 39.2249 W -106.16974
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra
    Big tires, big lift, Lots of stuff's.
    Eibach springs or OME. Pick one, I have had both set ups. But I paired my OME shock with the nitro charger shocks. That's the lift I'm putting on my build now as well. Use the search function tons of threads on this pick what you think is right for your needs.

3. May 5, 2013 at 1:34 AM
    Raceline08

Raceline08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Santa Rosa, ca
    Vehicle:
    Silver 08 DBC SB 4x4 TRD Offroad
    front Billies, 885x coils, taco lean spacer, TC UCA'S, Magnaflow 22" OME Dakars, Billy 110 rear's, B.A.M.F CMC, custom made E-locker guard
    Don't know about cheapest but, go with the OME 885x coils. Eibach's are stiff as hell. I believe also you shouldn't run the 5100's with eibach's.(expecially with a top plate spacer or nothing over Zero on the 5100's) Someone correct me if I'm wrong?
    Eibachs are a 650lb coil while the 885x springs are around 580/590lb springs.

Guess you could run a top plate spacer on your current setup but you wont get another 2 inches and you would just be taxing those springs even more. If I were you I'd think about a new spring combo.

Thanks,
    Brett

4. May 5, 2013 at 1:57 AM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    don't stack a spacer

you're running stock squishy springs on the highest setting (equaling more compression) on top of having an ARB; your stock coils arent coils anymore, theyre just pen springs

get a higher spring rate coil made to handle the weight like the OME ones mentioned above or the eibach/toytec ones. then install them on the lowest setting on the 5100 and be on your way

5. May 5, 2013 at 9:17 AM
    knotty

knotty [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    milwaukie, oregon
    ok thanks guy !!! i am going to look into the OME ones or just get rid of the heavy ass arb bumper

Products Discussed in

To Top