Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Spacer lift

Old 05-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
awales586 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
awales586's Tacoma Gallery
Spacer lift

This is my first post and im sure its come across before. Im looking to lift my 2009 tacoma 3 inches but only plan on using the coil spacers for the front and aal for the rear meaning leaving the stock suspension. Any opinions or experiences would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
never ran a spacer lift but there accounts of broken suspension parts and harsh ride.

definitely recommended to avoid off roading with spacer lifts

the aal will be ok. i ran just one for a while from a gmc truck.

may want to upgrade the rear shock and depending on height gain you may also want extended rear brake lines
Old 05-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome. Offroading isn't a good idea with the spacer. Front may b ok but rear will most likely need longer shocks. If street driving u should b ok but for wheeling save up and go suspension. Welcome.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #4
awales586 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
awales586's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks yall. Any recommendations for the rear shocks?
Old 05-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #5
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Go with Bilstiens. Love mine, but will eventually upgrade to Icon. Hate my 3 inch spacers. My truck see 95% road and the ride is horrible.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #6
knotty has a spectacular aura aboutknotty has a spectacular aura about
Name: John
knotty's Tacoma Gallery
i run the 5100's