Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Toytec Owners

Old 02-19-2009, 03:45 PM   #1
Evans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ty
Evans381's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec Owners

Hey guys just a few questions... Im getting the 3" system with new coils up front and an AAL in the back. Hypothetically if I wanted to later on could I apply the 3" spacer from Toytec and additionally put a block in the back? Giving my truck like 6" all together? I kno I need to stay away from spacers but this is hypothetically speaking. So basically if you dont understand.... Can I take this lift

And add this...

My second question is.. I have the TSB work done to my truck, with that said would it be better to have a block in the back instead of an AAL? I know Toytec makes a special AAL but still.. 5 leaf springs all together? Dont you think thats gonna make it too stiff?
Old 02-19-2009, 04:10 PM   #2
PPD934 is on a distinguished road
PPD934's Tacoma Gallery
i know very little about this and i am sure someone will chime in here sooner or later but i don;t think you want to do that. I would go with a 6 inch lift up front made for it. you don;t buy a honda if you want a harley, you will never be happy till you get the harley. so save up till you get what u want
Old 02-19-2009, 04:25 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
nope......................not a good idea to try that setup. it could be kinda dangerous, and it will be hell on all of your suspension components if you actually could get it to work.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:27 PM   #5
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Simply put.... NO.
There would be too much angle on all the front suspension components to do that. You would need to do a drop down bracket lift to go to 6", or I see that you're a prerunner so then there are a few companies that have drop spindles for the front. I think they are like 3 or 4" drop so with those and your current lift you can achieve it on the front. As for the rear, you could add a 3" block to make up for it. Better yet would be an aftermarket rear leaf pack with some lift built in and then a smaller block if still necessary.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:38 PM   #6
Evans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys. Like I said it was just a question to get knowledge on. I just wanted to know.... Could you answer my second question now?
Old 02-19-2009, 04:41 PM   #7
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
BLock = stiffer than the AAL
Old 02-19-2009, 04:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
BLock = stiffer than the AAL
Haha ok. Thanks
Old 02-19-2009, 04:44 PM   #10

So this setup will work well over my brand new TSB Bilstein shocks?
Lots of people do this one right?
Old 02-19-2009, 04:47 PM   #11
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thats the kit I have, make sure u get 885 springs, or 886 springs if you plan on adding weight to the front.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:47 PM   #12
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the blocks and the TSB and I don't find the ride too stiff, but at the time that I got my lift, they didn't have an AAL for use with the TSB. If they had had the AAL at the time I did mine, I would have prefered it since the AALs are better. I like a truck to ride like truck, so a stiffer ride is better too me. Toytec knows what they are doing, and I'm sure that they would make sure that the AALs are not too stiff with the TSB.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:49 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
Thats the kit I have, make sure u get 885 springs, or 886 springs if you plan on adding weight to the front.
Do you have the stock Billies?
Old 02-19-2009, 05:59 PM   #14
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
stock billys r garbage.i thought they worked fine UNTIL i got the 5100s and man what a diff.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:00 PM   #15
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataco View Post
stock billys r garbage.i thought they worked fine UNTIL i got the 5100s and man what a diff.
X2. Wait until you ever try OME.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:17 PM   #16
╒╪╕

no i have 5100s in the front and 5125s in the rear
Old 02-19-2009, 07:25 PM   #17
trailinTaco is on a distinguished road

trailinTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i have stock billstiens with coil spacers and AAL in the rear and its very stiff but it doesnt bother me one bit. dont really notice it that much.